2015 Chevrolet Colorado - First specs and photos

Pretty sure these trucks are to be made in Missouri. And for what it's worth I think the Tacoma is done in Texas and the Ridgeline is US assembled too. But the Honda isn't a real truck and having owned a Tacoma (2008), this truck is way better looking and the power train options are far better too.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like one nice truck, one I have been waiting for. Currently have an 06 2500HD LBZ Duramax (AWESOME truck to date) that I no longer tow with, and have been wanting to downsize, but the current Tacoma is so "blah" with no better gas mileage than the 6.6 Dmax so never did the trade (Nissan Frontier was a non-starter due to my extremely poor Titan buyback experience with Nissan corporate).

GM was smart to start advertising this truck WAY before it is actually available...keeps all us fence sitters sitting and waiting LOL. I truly hope GM has a successful re-entry into the market they (and the sole other domestic brand FORD) had previously abandoned.

My dealer friend thinks 40K for the dressed out oil burner.??? We will see.

Zane, how deep is the center console? Deep enough for tall things?

i agree... they are going to be over priced.. probably high 30's low 40's for a maxed out diesel.

way too much..

I had an 04 Colorado and loved it. I also loved my 07 Sierra. As long as I can get a crew cab long bed I might be interested in a new Rado as my next truck over a 15 full-size. I have time to think but this is def on my radar. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I doubt these will come with a long bed, especially since you can't even get a long bed on the 1500s anymore.

Sent from my too hard to implement ICS Inspire 4G on 4.2.2

I doubt these will come with a long bed, especially since you can't even get a long bed on the 1500s anymore. Sent from my too hard to implement ICS Inspire 4G on 4.2.2

You can get the long-beds on the crew cabs starting in 2014...I think.

You can get the long-beds on the crew cabs starting in 2014...I think.

Really? I must have missed that everything I looked at didn't have the option of 8ft bed on the 1500s. I figured they'd at least have a reg cab long bed but nope. I know they were touting you could finally get the 6.5' on the CC. I'll have to go back and look again. Unless you're talking about the Colorado/Canyons.

*edit*

Ok just looked the 1500s only have the option of long bed on the reg cab unless I'm blind and not seeing the option.

I think the 2.8L Duramax is designed and built by GM. In Thailand, it puts out 260-horsepower and 378 lb-ft of torque, so yes, it will be a beast. :eek:

If these numbers are true, then I'll be getting one for sure.

I like it. I am currently in a 12 Silverado which I like. I would go back to a midsized though and well equipped I would have no problem if it was as much as a lesser equipped full sized. When I purchase a vehicle, size is only a part of the price. The one thing that might hold me back is if there is a lack of a Auto setting on the transfer case like the Autotrac has in the Silvy. Due to where I live and the wide variety of conditions I face I don't think I would ever get into a vehicle that doesn't have some sort of auto setting again. I have gone though a few years of switching 4x4 on and off multiple times during a commute and I am done with it as there are many days during the winter where intersections can be very slippery but the rest of the road is pretty much clear or on ramps that are slippery while the bridge itself is pretty clear. Anyway looking forward to more details on the New Colorado.

The only thing I agree on as far as everyone disliking the interior is the shifter. Call me crazy but I think trucks (automatics) should be column shifted. And as far as the rest goes, it's a truck, not an Audi. The interior shouldn't be opulent and worthy for a king. It probably does have a soft touch dash and blah blah blah. But trucks are supposed to be work, recreational type vehicles and the layout should be simple and easy to use. And it looks like they did a good job for it's intended function.

Archived