• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if they're smaller than the 3-cup holder setup was in the GMT-900's or the same?

I traded a 2011 LT with 3 cup holder for the 2014 SLT, and drove the 14 SLE loaner with 3 cup holder. I would say they are definitely smaller, but haven't measured or compared side by side.

I traded a 2011 LT with 3 cup holder for the 2014 SLT, and drove the 14 SLE loaner with 3 cup holder. I would say they are definitely smaller, but haven't measured or compared side by side.

The GMT-900's were "Wendy's medium" sized, which is a pretty common fountain drink diameter. If the new K2's are smaller, IMO memphis has a legit complaint.

The "grips" for the cup holder are pretty tight. I've also put a can in there and felt like it was crushing it a bit, but it was just the holders. I have a coffee mug that I use every morning with the tapered bottom for cup holders - it came with a rubber "cup" to go around the tapered area (likely to help with grip in the larger cup holders), and I have to take that off because the cup holders are too tight with it on. I've also found that water bottles larger than the typical 16-20oz bottles don't fit. It's a minor gripe, but it does seem a bit unusual that the cup holders aren't a little larger. Usually a can-sized object would sit comfortably with space around it in an average cup holder; in the 2014 truck they barely fit.

I like the 3 cup set up coming off a 2011 Lt with buckets and only 2.They were larger though. I have a round ashtray from my old F150 with a spring lid that I keep my change in.I keep that in the left cup holder for easy access to pay at drive thru.So far all my cups have fit but there's no way a big gulp will fit.

Archived