My 2014 Denali Modifications

I usually don't like dark roofs but that looks great! The only minor gripe I have is that the Retrax is gloss black and everything else is matte/carbon fiber.

BTW, in case you didn't catch it Amp Research has their PowerStep boards ready for the 2014's. You can download info and the installation instructions here:

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd definitely do power step boards; I like the look of no running boards when driving, but would like the ease of using them (if I had them....especially the wife would).Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Question: where is the GoPro mounted and how'd you 'hard wire' it? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I usually don't like dark roofs but that looks great! The only minor gripe I have is that the Retrax is gloss black and everything else is matte/carbon fiber.

BTW, in case you didn't catch it Amp Research has their PowerStep boards ready for the 2014's. You can download info and the installation instructions here:

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/

In almost all cases, compromises have to be made. I wanted the Retrax and they don't produce a satin finish so I'll live with the variance between the CF top and the tonneau. Up close its apparent, from a distance not so much.

I did catch it and am aware (ARM Research). But I'm waiting for their 2015 model which will have the chrome trim edge somewhat like what the Ford Platinum/Limited trucks come with. I think that those will look better especially in the closed/up position as their chrome trim edge will compliment the chrome horizontal OEM door edge trim strips on the Denali.

I'd definitely do power step boards; I like the look of no running boards when driving, but would like the ease of using them (if I had them....especially the wife would). Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Question: where is the GoPro mounted and how'd you 'hard wire' it? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

GoPro is on a easy latch/eject flat mini mount, and has the LED screen along with the simple housing (not the clear waterproof ones the cameras come with), mounted center below rear view mirror windshield post. hardwired mini-usb cable from the gray power feed wire upstream of the interior/map light switch in the headliner console. If you look back at some of the photos I posted you should be able to see it.

Exactly, Alaska and it's wilderness. Largest population of State Parks including the truck's namesake Denali Natl. Park with wildlife abound so it might be the mountainscapes , the seashores, or even Bullwinkle when he's crossing the road in front of me at a traffic light in downtown Anchorage (a common sighting).

My Denali finally got "picked" (long story). Anyways, Summit White 6.2, going with black KMC D2 20's and a Diamondback-X tonneau. I am going to steal you roof wrap idea....it looks great!! I am taking it in for tint so I might as well get the roof done too. Carbon or flat black I'm not sure yet......

I'll get pics up in a more appropriate thread in a day or so when I pick it up, but I had to say nicely done, and I'm copying you.

(My wife's last 2 Audis were white with black wheels and panoramic roof, so in essence blacked out, and I love that look!)

Nope, can't help with more photos now as my truck was picked up by Republic Auto Transport last night, and now on its way to Alaska. I'm using their simple GoPro flat mount, just read up on thei GoPro site or search some YouTube videos and you'll see it real simple. You do have to set the photo/video capture to inverted but that too is simple.

As regard remote connectivity, the Hero 3+ has WiFi and controlled by either it's remote, or my IPhone or IPad (of course the passenger will control it while the truck is in motion).

That is a beautiful truck!!! You mentioned removing the sierra badging from the tailgate. I assume that there are no body holes for pins. Do you know if that is true for the rest of the body badging? I am considering removing all badging with exception of the grill.

No holes on the emblems on the sides and rear of the truck. Only on the front grill. I have taken every emblem off on my truck.

Dan, link to your de-badged truck?Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

• 3 weeks later...

Archived