John Fitzpatrick is Silverado's new Senior Marketing Manager

Does the lack of 2014 sales worry GM? Are they switching up strategies? Who knows what is really going on but GM just tapped the Marketing Manager for the Chevy Corvette, Camaro, and SS to lead up Silverado Marketing.

Few details have been released, however we have learned John Fitzpatrick will move to the Silverado team as the Senior Marketing Manager.

This appointment was not announced via press release but instead via an email sent by Scott Settlemire (who many of you affectionately know as the F-Bod Father).

We will have more details as they are released or we learn more.

"As of April 1, (and no, this is not an April Fool's prank) -- we have some important Changes to “Team Camaro” and we wanted you to be the first to know about these changes:

First up: Our Great Camaro Comrade, John Fitzpatrick - who has served as Marketing Manager for the Camaro, the Corvette, and the SS Performance Sedan will be leaving “Team Camaro” and moving over to Chevrolet Silverado as Senior Marketing Manager.

In John’s words:

“To everything there is a season” The words ring true all too often and as the seasons change, so do our responsibilities.

I’ve been blessed to have been a part of the 5th Generation Camaro since its inception and I must say that it’s been true to form both in automobile and in my profession: “A Great American Thrill-Ride.” I’ve worked with a great group of men and women to bring you the very best Muscle Car possible: One that offers head turning style and blistering performance all at a Chevrolet Price.

We’ve made some changes at Chevrolet recently; and while Al and Cheryl and the rest of the group remain the same, I will be moving over to the Silverado Brand. While I look forward to custodianship of the Most Dependable Longest Lasting truck in the industry, I also mourn that I will not be working directly with Camaro and Corvette at least for the foreseeable future.

I’d like to thank each of you for your passion that you continually show for this legendary brand and I thank you for the many friendships I’ve made over the past seven years.

Replacing me is Todd Christensen. Todd has been the Camaro/Corvette/SS Sedan Advertising Manager for the past several years; and prior to that he was on staff at the GM Performance Division and the Chevrolet Race Shop. Todd’s family has been in the Camaro restoration business for many years, so we’re fortunate that we have another Marketing Manager who truly understands what Camaro and Corvette are and what they mean to the world. I hope you’ll join me in welcoming Todd to his new position within the team.

Again, thank you for your great feedback, support and friendship over these last seven years. I may be moving on to trucks, but Camaro will also hold a special place in my heart.

Until we meet again…

Warm regards,

John"

None of them work IMO lol. The whole strong campaign blows as well. Sad, corny sounding song, lame rolling footage. They need a "stronger" campaign to go with their "stronger" truck. I love me my Silverados (and all GM) but...

Awesome

John is a great guy had a nice conversation with him at camaro fest last summer. Hope he can inject the camaro enthusiasm into his team!

Ryan

Ram is outselling GM not because of advertising imo, they are simply put a better value right now and also offer packages that GM fans can only dream about these days! Sticker prices and Option packages or the lack of them are why this truck line is stuck in a rut right now.

Ram is outselling GM not because of advertising imo, they are simply put a better value right now and also offer packages that GM fans can only dream about these days! Sticker prices and Option packages or the lack of them are why this truck line is stuck in a rut right now.

Pricing, yea, and the way they option package stuff makes no sense sometimes as well. Alot of stuff that was standalone is now part of some $1300 option package that for some, gives them too much stuff, or stuff they don't want.

Both aspects suck lol. Marketing and value/pricing.

Not to mention the Silverado is pretty homily (in stock form) compared to the GMC and RAM.

Archived