2015 Silverado & Sierra to get 8-speed transmission

Zane

I'd bet he could do it better than GM currently does ... :)

Yeah, I'd steer clear of that thing for the first couple years. They can't seem to build an engine lately that doesn't burn oil, or send con-rods out the side of the block .... :uhoh:

Imagine the repair bill on an 8-speed rebuild ... :sick:

I'd like to see you manage an automobile production...

If you call this "Managing" Then Yes, I can do a much better job for sure.......

GM needs to start fresh from the top down.............

If I do pick up my Denali, it will probably be my last GM vehicle based on how they handled this and my order. And yes, I have purchased tons of them.

• Like 1

I call B.S. on this and a few other option changes. As i read the first post it states GM will offer the 8 speed for all 2015 full size Trucks and SUVs with the 6.2. I believe some have already been delivered without the 8 speed and some have been ordered without the 8 speed. Remember the first post said all 2015s. Also those of us who stepped up to the plate early on and paid around 60,000-70,000 are missing out on the now being released foot sweep tail gate opener and 4G hot spot Wi-Fi and as I understand a couple of other options down the product line.Doesn't say much for GM and as the post stated GM needs to get their heads out.

The 6 speed in mine is a slushbucket of surprises.

LOL!! THAT was funny.

Just ditched the 3:42 in my '12 5.3 for a set of 4:56. Truck couldn't get out of it's own way.

3:08's ?? I don't think the 6.2 could overcome that.

Sheesh

Edited by shortnugly

Here is the real point.

GM knew when the 8 speeds were going to be available, as I have read about them in the works for a while. Why not wait to release the 2015's with the 6.2 to accommodate ALL of these new features and present a total package? To add features as a 2015.5 mid year change is ludicrous.

It was a half ass roll out of their high end vehicles (Escalades & Denali's). For them to even put the 6 speed in some, but not all, shows their lack of planning and forethought. For those that already bought one, or ordered one, and to now have an "outdated" model is ridiculous.

And the ridiculous prices not help their case either.

"To add features as a 2015.5 mid year change is ludicrous."

The 2000 Tahoe was a split year. There is the 2000 Tahoe "old style" (ie, 1999-) and the 2000 Tahoe "new style" (ie, 2001+). So mid year updates is nothing new. (btw, I have the 2000 "old-style" Tahoe Z71 and been very happy with it.)

It was a half ass roll out of their high end vehicles (Escalades & Denali's). For them to even put the 6 speed in some, but not all, shows their lack of planning and forethought. For those that already bought one, or ordered one, and to now have an "outdated" model is ridiculous.

And the ridiculous prices not help their case either.

The way they rolled out these trucks to begin with was just weird and goofy.

• Like 1

"To add features as a 2015.5 mid year change is ludicrous."

The 2000 Tahoe was a split year. There is the 2000 Tahoe "old style" (ie, 1999-) and the 2000 Tahoe "new style" (ie, 2001+). So mid year updates is nothing new. (btw, I have the 2000 "old-style" Tahoe Z71 and been very happy with it.)

That's not the same. In that case the 2015 would be the old body and the 2015.5 would be the new body and properly released.

WOW, this is amazing, Ive never had a bad experience with GM yet and I had a few. Cant wait to try out the new stuff in a few years when I trade. The differents between this one and the last new GM truck ( 07 Avalanche ) is night and day. Had a Dodge in between not impressed. Hope I stay lucky.

WOW, this is amazing, Ive never had a bad experience with GM yet and I had a few. Cant wait to try out the new stuff in a few years when I trade. The differents between this one and the last new GM truck ( 07 Avalanche ) is night and day. Had a Dodge in between not impressed. Hope I stay lucky.

Their usually pretty good trucks. I've had 5 different ones total, and even the ones with a lot of miles on them weren't bad trucks. Worst ones I've had were the 1988, and the 2009. The 88 was expected though as it was worn out when it was given to me, but the 09 wasn't a very good truck for being bought brand new. Still not bad trucks at all from GM.

Their usually pretty good trucks. I've had 5 different ones total, and even the ones with a lot of miles on them weren't bad trucks. Worst ones I've had were the 1988, and the 2009. The 88 was expected though as it was worn out when it was given to me, but the 09 wasn't a very good truck for being bought brand new. Still not bad trucks at all from GM.

Some of the guys that work in my shop like to buy older Tahoes or Suburbans, people ten to take care of them, unlike pickups here in Texas. You can get them at reasonable price and they tend to go up to 300k without to much trouble.