Rally edition racing stripe care

I just got my new Silverado rally edition and have begun to plan on waxing it. I've heard not to wax the stripes but what do I do with them??

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the group John, great question. I am looking at a white rally edition right now and was wondering about how to care for the stripes. I really don't see how wax would hurt them, but maybe somebody would know better than me.

So far how do you like the rally edition?

Steve,

I actually ended up asking the dealership and you shouldn't wax them since they are flat black. They said use a painters tape that pulls off easy and tape off the edges to prevent any wax from getting on them and the wax the rest like normal.

As far as the truck itself I love it. I got the 5.3 in it and it just looks sharp, a nice LT dress up kit. I'd definitely recommend getting white though, personally I thought it looked the best, makes it so the truck has no color only black or white. I think cars should only be one of those 2 color options normally so my opinion is bias a bit haha

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I would remove them. If you keep your vehicle outside that will get a lot of sun damage.

If you really like the. I would use a sealant on them. http://www.chemicalguys.com/JetSeal_Matte_16_oz_p/wac_203_16.htm

I would try to wax on them on the roof. To see how it turns out. Masking them off would be too much work for me. I dont think you will get much build up on them if you keep it then. Wax should be applied in very thin coats. When I wax mine I wax the clear bra and the seem. It gets very little build up that is easily buffed off.

I used jet sealant on my truck but it has only been a few months. I can not say for sure how the longevity is but it seems to be staying on my glass.

Archived