A few things that will help you out in regards to the transmission shifting and the snap, cracle, and pop in the dash here is a solution.

1. Take the gray trim peice off from around the radio it just simply snaps in. There are metal clips holding it on. When you get it off and be careful, take the metal tabs and expand them out some so that when you put it back it fits in the space a little tighter. After you do that put a peice of black electrical tape over every metal tab. Snap it back in and this will solve your issue.

2. Go to your dealer and tell them that you transmission shifts hard sometimes, and clunks from time to time. They will get a new download from GM and reprogram the TCM. You will like this program A LOT better. It really smooths out the drivetrain and calms down the v4 to v8 transition. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. Is the new TCM update part of the 4x4 engagement update? I've seen a few others comment about how their truck shifts much better after the 4x4 update was performed. The only other update I'm aware of is the 8 speed update for torque converter shudder.

I agree with you Redwngr, the current LML DMax is an awesome engine, and it makes shirtloads of power. The new HD with the power package is a fantastic tow machine.

However, my comparison was to my 2005 HD and it's LLY DMax. Don't get me wrong, the LLY was a great engine and the Allison was bulletproof. I was simply posting a comparison of numbers, mostly to demonstrate the advances GM has made in the engine design.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. Is the new TCM update part of the 4x4 engagement update? I've seen a few others comment about how their truck shifts much better after the 4x4 update was performed. The only other update I'm aware of is the 8 speed update for torque converter shudder.

That I am not sure of. I know I had this done summer of 2014. They did not say it was part of a recall but they did say this download was more geared toward owner preference.

Recalls NEVER effect every model/configuration Bush. You should know that. My 2012 missed all of those recalls that were for CERTAIN PRODUCTION MODELS based on the date of build or sometimes a specific issue. No of which ever applied to my GMC as long as I owned it. There was no bubble to burst in the first place. And whatever logic you are referring to is not my logic but obviously your own delusional think you know everything skewed logic. Keep bumping^^

What about the 52 Service Bulletins? You missed all of those too apparently.

Do not buy a 2014 and newer GM truck, unless you are ok with the truck vibrating at any speed in the 68-85mph range.

Also, a large number of rear axle assemblies are faulty, which cause steering wheel vibrations when the truck is decelerating (you will notice it when the truck gets down to 50mph and onward to 40-35mph).

Unless you want a vibrating seat option that cannot be turned off, do not buy a new GM truck right now.

People are BBB'ing these left and right. I am on my second BBB case, and will continue to do that until they learn to build trucks that don't vibrate and shake.

• Like 1

I'll use your logic...

My new truck has been perfect and flawless, therefore all trucks are perfect and flawless.

And FYI, here is the list of recalls straight from the NHTSA that your 2012 supposedly never had. Besides the critical safety recalls, be sure to review the 5 pages of other TSBs that affect your truck. Sorry to burst your bubble, but nearly every car on the road has been subject to recall.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults;jsessionid=xiI9ZeDK-hywkt-vl-9oXG7HVTU7b18QCSHXRd4JtV0m3-gpWEAX!427883026?prodType=V&searchType=PROD&targetCategory=A&searchCriteria.model=SILVERADO&stats=1207783%2C2%2C0%2C45%2C52%2CSILVERADO&makeStats=&jsonBaseURL=%2Fdownloads%2Ffolders%2F&searchCriteria.model_yr=2012&searchCriteria.make=CHEVROLET&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1207783

It seems like all 8 people that hate their truck(see link) on in this thread! lol....

This is my 12 brand new truck in my lifetime, and so far my best *knocks on wood*.

And I have tried them all, not a fanboy of any in particular. I sure am glad I don't have the bad luck of these people! ;)

Free bump for fireaxxe!

-Mike

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/159890-how-satisfied-are-you-with-your-2014-gm-truck/page-27

Edited by mikedege
  • Like 2

It seems like all 8 people that hate their truck(see link) on in this thread! lol....

This is my 12 brand new truck in my lifetime, and so far my best *knocks on wood*.

And I have tried them all, not a fanboy of any in particular. I sure am glad I don't have the bad luck of these people! ;)

Free bump for fireaxxe!

-Mike

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/159890-how-satisfied-are-you-with-your-2014-gm-truck/page-27

Now this is my type of fan thanks Mike!! Just make sure you got a lot of wood. And I dont even think its 8 if your counting me its 7, I dont hate the damn thing I just wish I did not have these issues. Even more than that I wish I could post on a troubleshooting forum without all these useless smart ass comments. But what can you do its a free country. But really thanks for the free bump^^

Edited by fireaxxe

And FYI, your post is in the "Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls" thread, so getting excited about "bumping" is kind of pointless...

What is pointless and mind numbing is the fact that you missed the clue "ISSUES TROUBLESHOOTING & RECALLS SECTION". Maybe you should start your own thread in the general forum titled "I love my truck so much I want to molest it!!" And you wont be so irritated with all this excitment fYi.

Edited by fireaxxe

Now this is my type of fan thanks Mike!! Just make sure you got a lot of wood. And I dont even think its 8 if your counting me its 7, I dont hate the damn thing I just wish I did not have these issues. Even more than that I wish I could post on a troubleshooting forum without all these useless smart ass comments. But what can you do its a free country. But really thanks for the free bump^^

You could stop posting them yourself and that might help :nopity:

• Like 1

What is pointless and mind numbing is the fact that you missed the clue "ISSUES TROUBLESHOOTING & RECALLS SECTION". Maybe you should start your own thread in the general forum titled "I love my truck so much I want to molest it!!" And you wont be so irritated with all this excitment fYi.

Well, I usually come in here to help people out when I can, but sometimes I come in here to call BS to people's bogus claims. Stuff like "ALL these trucks vibrate" and "a large number of rear axle assemblies are faulty" and "People are BBB'ing these left and right." :bs:

• Like 3

Well, I usually come in here to help people out when I can, but sometimes I come in here to call BS to people's bogus claims. Stuff like "ALL these trucks vibrate" and "a large number of rear axle assemblies are faulty" and "People are BBB'ing these left and right." :bs:

Likewise on helping people, this is the reason for my post in the first place. If you take the time and reread my post you will see that I never stated that "All these trucks vibrate" Never once mentioned that "a large number of rear axles are faulty" or "People are BBB'ing these left and right. In fact I am an avocate for letting the warranty do the work and allowing GM to correct these issues. I choose to exclusively own, and when I can, only drive GM vehicles but I also choose to be totally honest about my experiences with this manufacturer. I think its important to have open discussion and dialog about the good bad and ugly in order to push them to make a better product for my next purchase. But I dont think its helpfull to scorn or mock each other for either opinion. They(GM) obviously watch this forum and many others and learn from them. With honesty being number one for me instead of a fanatic's sense of loyalty, I refuse to pull the wool over my eyes and pretend my vehicle is perfect and great when it is not. I am a automotive enthusiast that favors a particular brand, this does not mean I will knock the next man for buying a ford, dodge, toyota or any other brand they choose. So I am glad that you are having a great experience with your rig but many of us are not. With that thought in mind some of us are just trying to help like you mentioned and we are not trolls, BS'ers, and idiots. But if shots are fired I will respond in kind.