** Read Before You Buy a 2014/2015 GM Truck**

My truck is awesome, make sure you buy one, you will love it.

Now since I cancelled out your opinion, can we delete this thread??? Lmao!

My truck is a "B-" if you buy one look for these issues, you will not love having these problems.

Uncanceled, no deleteing necessary...and we're back on track. Keep the bumps^^ coming.

No your suggestion is a pretty extreme solution to a simple problem and not in line with my thinking at all. Instead of running every single wiper motor for 24 hrs they should develope a more extensive R&D department that work in conjunction with the parts supplier to make sure that each batch of parts for a particular segement of vehicles are up to par. Many companies do this but it cost money obviously.

....the same part has been in use since at least 2009... R&D isn't the issue. Crap happens, the good manufactures make things right.

....the same part has been in use since at least 2009... R&D isn't the issue. Crap happens, the good manufactures make things right.

No your wrong

2009-2012 Acadia, Enclave, Traverse windshield wiper motor part# 20785187

2013-2015 Acadia, Enclave, Traverse windshield wiper motor part# 22820106

No I would rather buy it for a premium price and have no problems and recalls for 100k miles as long as I keep up with the regular maintainence. This is the problem with modern day production and modern day consumers. We have been trained to accept a lower standard of quality over time in exchange for warranties and recalls that hardly ever fix the root cause of the issue which poor overall quality and the idea that no company wants to produce a great product they are only in it for profit. I had a 2012 GMC sierra that was perfect no recalls and no issues the paint was perfect and the ride was 100% smooth. Only issue I had was it was not 4x4. If it was I would not even have this 2014 "B-" rated truck.

The 2012 you had was 5 years into the production. They had time to find and correct issues in the 5 previous years models. Since you and I (mine is a Aug 13 build) have the newest model truck out there has not been time to find all of the issues that spring up. No matter how long or how many miles they tested these trucks. They are not going to test a truck for 5 years before they release it by then the other manufacturers have passed them by.

• Like 1

..if only you had posted before I bought my 2014 All Star.

1. Paint- Great shine and almost perfect. A beautiful deep red color that really catches your eye.

2. Recalls- One minor recall...a programming issue. I never noticed it. The dealer told me about the recall and did the update for me.

3. Vibrations- So far the only vibrations I've noticed have been road related, or the bass is up to high on my stereo, causing the rear view mirror to shake with every THUMP! of the excellent entertainment system.

4. Interior- nice to look at and touch, quality is a solid AAA. Quiet, classy, and comfortable.

5. Electrical- Nothing at all.

6. Powertrain- I USE my truck. I've pulled out bushes with it, loaded it to the top, ran it like I stole it, even laid long patches of rubber with traction control off just to see if I could do it. I'd say it's pretty damned solid.

Yeah, I'm real sorry I wasted my hard-earned money (even with a $10K discount from MSRP) on an absolutely STUNNING truck.

In fact, I dislike my truck so much that when it's finally time to get rid of it, in say ten or twenty years, I'll probably make the same mistake again and buy a GM truck.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 4

The vibration problem is more prevalent than people think. I have it in my truck like many others, it's obviously enough of an issue that there is an extensive TSB out to address the problem that works for some but not all. I filled out my GMC customer survey and informed them of my displeasure with the vehicle and got a phone call from GM over my vibration problems in which I was told by the rep that GM is aware of the issue and they are currently working on a fix that they think will be ready and released soon. Either she was giving me a load of crap and they are doing nothing about it or they really are working on a fix that goes beyond the TSB. If they are working on a fix then the problem must be more widespread to constitute engineering time to develop a fix, they wouldn't make the investment for a few trucks having issues. My point is there is more substance to fireaxxe's post, I'm glad other people posting on here haven't had any issues and love their truck but that's not the case for everyone that's bought one and more than a few are dealing with the highway vibration issues.

No your wrong

2009-2012 Acadia, Enclave, Traverse windshield wiper motor part# 20785187

2013-2015 Acadia, Enclave, Traverse windshield wiper motor part# 22820106

Oops, forgot about the year change but still, it's been the same since 13, these are 16's that are having issues, again, R&D wont do a thing once the part has spent 3 years in production.

Recalls aren't a bad thing. So many people have it stuck in their head that a recall is a horrible thing. Again, a problem fixed with no money out of my pocket? I'm happy... So far no recalls on my 15 either... Though, I did just receive a recall for my 09 GSX-R's master cylinder, again, happy they're fixing it without it becoming an issue or costing me money.

Edited by El_Diablo_John

Well..I love my reg.cab 4.3L WT2 truck. It's my primary vehicle, hauls various loads, and pulls a double axle horse trailer. I will admit I was a tech at a dealership for 26 years, and know my way around my truck if any problems occur. A Chevy pickup was my choice after considering all makes and models, and have not regretted it. As others have stated, it is a "truck" not a Cadillac, and that's all I ask from it. Good fuel mileage also.

• Like 1

Well I guess its my turn to post about all of the issues in my truck.

I have a 2015 Shakerado LT CC 4x4 loaded up with accessories inc. 22" rims with Dueller A/T RH-S tires

---I have vibration very visible at higher speeds, but always felt.

---I had the rough idle, appears to have been fixed, but I feel as though it made the regular vibration worse, possibly because the frequency from the rough idle isn't canceling out the frequency from the regular vibe anymore? The weirdest one is when the truck shakes from left to right, only happens once every couple weeks, but its very weird.

---I have the radio reception issue, the audio fades out, you lose all of the highs. If the truck is not moving, it's sometimes ok, but once the truck is moving, don't expect audio from the radio. The XM works fine though.... but you have to pay for that

---Every once in a while I get the "clunk" in the transmission and late throttle response.

I love the look of this truck, but thats it, I hate EVERYTHING ELSE about it. there is nothing good with it. I am beyond done dealing with this POS

1stepcloser's post below reminded me of a few things I forgot to mention:

---The AFM vibe in the 4.3 is TERRIBLE and felt constantly

---The Truck is a rattle box, if you put the rear seats in the upright position, they rattle over even the slightest road imperfection, and the truck as a whole just rattles like crazy

Edited by Jesse D

What the heck, I’m gonna chime in here also. I bought my truck new, in May 2015. It’s a Silverado CC standard bed 5.3 LTZ. This is my third new truck from GM.

My first truck, 1990 7.4L powered CC long bed dually was a durable vehicle. That’s about all I can say about it. It was severely underpowered, lacked any kind of creature comfort, and the paint peeled off of it in sheets. It could barely move out of its own way much less tow anything and if you presented it a hill, well, turn off all the accessories and roll down the windows to try and slow the inevitable overheating. All this while maintaining a marvelous 6 mpg average. I drove that truck for 15 years and 175,000 miles without ever opening the drivetrain. I loved it.

Second truck was 2005 CC LB Duramax. Great powertrain. Much better creature comfort. Awesome fuel mileage. Two recalls, a master cylinder accumulator that was replaced and a rear center seatbelt loop they simply cut off. It had its quirks though. Just like the first one, it would overheat if asked to tow a grade in the heat. Nothing in the way of current electronics was onboard. Simple radio and CD player, automatic dual climate control. That was about it. Paint was durable, boring, but durable. I drove that truck for eight years and 110,000 miles without ever opening the drivetrain. I loved it.

My current truck is light years ahead of those two. I have always accepted that what I buy are trucks first and that’s why I buy them. I use my them as trucks. Although I only have 4500 miles, here is a quick assessment:

• It is the smoothest and quietest truck I have owned. Better than most of my cars too. I guess I’m lucky mine doesn’t vibrate. It also doesn’t clunk, squeak, rattle or have undue wind noise.
  • The drivetrain is very good. The little 5.3 makes as much power as my 6.6 Duramax, with the exception of a little torque but it's whole lot quieter. I don’t notice the AFM, I just put it in drive and well, drive. It does what it does when it needs to. My best 50 mile mpg is 29.5. Incredible.
  • Throttle response is fine. I step on the gas pedal and the engine responds. The more I depress the pedal, the faster it responds. I have noticed that under WOT condition the transmission shifts super quickly. Definitely a programming feature from the normal drive mode. Nice touch.
  • The entertainment system works to my satisfaction whenever I use it. Sure, my iPod trips out sometimes, but it ain’t the end of the world, I just unplug it, plug it in and go on with my day.
  • Bose is the best audio system upgrade for the price. (It came included in the LTZ plus package)
  • The navigation is intuitive, very easy to use and has not failed to get me to my destination. I admit though, I don't used it if I already know where I’m going.
  • The paint is good quality, free of blemishes and has a nice depth to it. I chose Tungsten Metallic on this truck, it’s awesome.
  • The interior is flat out amazing. No metal surfaces! Nice leather, cooled seats, sunroof, heated steering wheel(!) cool instrument layout, dashboard stitching, I love the appearance and particularly the current and modern electronics. I have the collision avoidance system and it is actually a really nice feature. It does a fine job of alerting me when necessary.

Personally, I’m glad GM continues to bring more luxury and modern electronics to the truck line. If I wanted a basic, plain truck, I would have kept my 1990 CC.

If my 15 has a problem, I’ll take it in and have it addressed. Not a big deal. It seems some folks get awful worked up over a truck. To those I say, Relax, it’s a truck, It’s just a truck. Save your drama for something important.

Edited by 1stepcloser
  • Like 2

Agree with all you posted 1stepcloser except maybe the 5.3L having the power of a Duramax...or maybe my memory of our 2005 Duramax is a little off :)

Well, I'm just quoting numbers... 355 horsepower versus the Duramax's 310. The DMax did make more torque, If memory serves me, the DMax made 520 lbs/ft? to the 5.3's 385lbs/ft. I haven't towed anything of substance with my 15 yet, So perhaps I should withhold my judgment. But... this little 5.3 is a real powerhouse relative to its size. and it's quiet!

• Like 1