Well I guess it was my turn to get into an accident

Thankfully nobody was hurt, wasn't my fault and doesn't seem like much damage. From just looking at it, it looks like just the rear bumper is messed up and the fender has a dent below the taillight and is scrapped up bad. I couldn't even tell if the fender was pushed in or not.

I was about to turn left so I put my blinker on and got into the far left lane. I was completely in that lane for 2-3 car lengths with the blinker still on and out of nowhere the other car came from a gas station and ran into me.

20161003_1437441.jpg

20161003_1437571.jpg

Looks almost identical to the damage my High Country had after I was rear-ended 2 years ago.

They replaced my left bedside and rear bumper, my tailgate had some damage that had to be repaired as well.

Glad no one was hurt. Sorry for your trouble. Looks like a new bumper for certain. The bedside will most likely be replaced.

After the repair is completed take a couple friends with you. Check the paint match carefully!

Look at the truck from different angles in the sunlight and in the shade. I speak from experience.

Also don't let someone at the repair shop tell you the clear coat caused a color mismatch.

These trucks cost plenty and the repair should be spot on. Good luck with it!

Sorry dude. Hopefully no one was hurt. Your accident sounds similar to the one back in '14 - driver came barreling out of a gas station and plowed into us - except unfortunately my beautiful 98 Silverado was totaled. Hopefully your truck will be repaired without issue.

Sorry for your troubles SSG but glad no one was seriously injured. Take your ride to a reputable repair shop. Do not let the other persons insurance company jerk you around. Insist only on genuine GM parts no made in Taiwan replacement parts and as someone else mentioned do not sign off until you are completely satisfied with repairs. Once you determine the shop who is going to do the work tell them you won't tolerate fish eyes, sanding scratches or mismatched paint. You expect to have your truck repaired as good or better than new. This will put them on alert and force them to do a good job the first time otherwise it will become a PIA for them. If the insurance does not want to pay for OEM parts use your insurance supplement. Don't get stuck with a half ass job and if your state allows it nail them for diminished value as well.

Thanks guys. The shop I've used in the past is well known around here and I've never had issues dealing with them or with their work. The only thing I worried a little about was the fact that I replaced the Z71 decals on the bed with the door emblems. But, I just need to remember to tell them when I drop it off and I'll even give them the GM part #. I know it won't be an issue since I remember wrecking the front end on my '98 when I was having some fun in the woods and I thought the was the best opportunity to get them to install an aftermarket grille instead of stock. They had no problem and didn't ask for any extra money. The shop also uses new parts and not used parts that are considered good enough for body shops. Progressive is also good about paying for anything damaged that the adjuster didn't or couldn't see without any issue.

Archived