post-163199-0-14392300-1478536995_thumb.jpgpost-163199-0-14392300-1478536995_thumb.jpgFor those curious about tire sizes... I ended up putting 275/60/20 Cooper ATs on my 2015 Sierra 1500. I currently do not have a leveling kit and do not have any rubbing issues. I was going to go with a 2" RC leveling kit and 275/65/20s, but saw some pictures where they were rubbing. I didn't want to risk having to shave back wheel wells for an extra inch of height. I may still put on a 2" leveling kit, but it is NOT necessary for the 60s.

The pic is on a slant in a field. Will take a better picture on flat ground!

post-163199-0-14392300-1478536995_thumb.jpg

Edited by sumner135
  • Like 1

For those curious about tire sizes... I ended up putting 275/60/20 Cooper ATs on my 2015 Sierra 1500. I currently do not have a leveling kit and do not have any rubbing issues. I was going to go with a 2" RC leveling kit and 275/65/20s, but saw some pictures where they were rubbing. I didn't want to risk having to shave back wheel wells for an extra inch of height. I may still put on a 2" leveling kit, but it is NOT necessary for the 60s.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gif60s.jpgattachicon.gif60s.jpgFor those curious about tire sizes... I ended up putting 275/60/20 Cooper ATs on my 2015 Sierra 1500. I currently do not have a leveling kit and do not have any rubbing issues. I was going to go with a 2" RC leveling kit and 275/65/20s, but saw some pictures where they were rubbing. I didn't want to risk having to shave back wheel wells for an extra inch of height. I may still put on a 2" leveling kit, but it is NOT necessary for the 60s.

I actually just changed my layaway order for BFG's w/ local tire shop from 275/60's to 275/65's - my rationale being I have seen many people claim the 275/60's fit @ stock height just like you....so I have bilstein 5100's max setting in front plus an extra 1" block in rear...if 275/60's fit stock, and my current ride height is @ least 2" taller, and the tires are the same width, I guess I can't comprehend how a 1" taller tire would give you issues when you're 2" higher than stock?

Either way, if they rub anywhere it'll probably be fender liner @ bottom which can be pulled back.

• Like 1

I would guess you will be fine with your set up. The only area of concern would be if you get a flat. If it's in the back, you'll have to rotate a front tire to the back and put the spare up front for the no slip transmission. Should look awesome though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gif60s.jpgattachicon.gif60s.jpgFor those curious about tire sizes... I ended up putting 275/60/20 Cooper ATs on my 2015 Sierra 1500. I currently do not have a leveling kit and do not have any rubbing issues. I was going to go with a 2" RC leveling kit and 275/65/20s, but saw some pictures where they were rubbing. I didn't want to risk having to shave back wheel wells for an extra inch of height. I may still put on a 2" leveling kit, but it is NOT necessary for the 60s.

Does your silverado have the inner wheel well liners or not? I was thinking that I might step up a size when I replace the tires but I do NOT want lift my truck. Does not look like very much room around these factory 275/55 R20's to the wheel liners!

I've ordered 275/60/20's for my truck on 20x9 aftermarket wheels with 18 mm offset.

I'm also adding a 1.5" near level kit in front.

The 275/60/20 are the stock size on Ram 1500's and I think they look better than the 275/55/20 on GM's trucks which look a touch small.

But those of you talking about putting 275/65/20 have you considered 295/60/20 instead.

Here's my rational for it:

275/65/20 tires to me may look too skinny for how tall they are.

295/60/20 tires are actually a fraction under 34" tall, where 275/65/20 are a fraction over 34"

but the 295/60's are .8 inch wider at roughly 11.80 to the 275/65's 11.0

So you get a tiny bit smaller height but 3/4 inch wider track so it looks more proportioned.

My .02

Edited by Driver72
  • Like 1

Does your silverado have the inner wheel well liners or not? I was thinking that I might step up a size when I replace the tires but I do NOT want lift my truck. Does not look like very much room around these factory 275/55 R20's to the wheel liners!

I have the carpet lining and my Duratracs at 275/60 R20 rub the carpet slightly. It must be the aggressive tread because I've seen countless people running that size without rub.

I'm planning on timing the carpet.

post-138501-148077840959_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sierra Jon
  • Like 2

I have the carpet lining and my Duratracs at 275/60 R20 rub the carpet slightly. It must be the aggressive tread because I've seen countless people running that size without rub.

Those tires on that burgundy Sierra look perfect to me.

Those look bigger than 275/60/20 however (both wider and a bit taller).

What level kit do you have on that truck too?

Those tires on that burgundy Sierra look perfect to me.

Those look bigger than 275/60/20 however (both wider and a bit taller).

What level kit do you have on that truck too?

Thanks man! I couldn't be happier with it myself. It's a Motofab 2" in the front and 1" in the rear (2" blocks) but I also have Hellwig 987 helper springs on the rear so they brought it up about an inch as well.

It has about 2" of rake... I was shooting for 1.5" but that's how it turned out. I do tow a TT in the summer months so I wanted some rake. The Hellwig's stiffin the ride but not much. Very pleased with how it looks and feels.

Thanks man! I couldn't be happier with it myself. It's a Motofab 2" in the front and 1" in the rear (2" blocks) but I also have Hellwig 987 helper springs on the rear so they brought it up about an inch as well.

It has about 2" of rake... I was shooting for 1.5" but that's how it turned out. I do tow a TT in the summer months so I wanted some rake. The Hellwig's stiffin the ride but not much. Very pleased with how it looks and feels.

I just received my MotoFab 1.5" front lift "near level kit" as I call it today.

Like you, I like a bit of the rake to remain. I think the trucks look square, awkward when they are perfectly level in front, and then if you add any kind of a trailer, the back sits lower and the front looks like it's turning it's nose up to the sky.

Sadly I won't put the 1.5" motofab on until mid to late January. The wheels I ordered are not in stock anyway and need to be made and then shipped to me. I put 275/60/20 wheels on. I don't do any real off roading, just some dirt roads occasionally so I didn't want too big of tires on. The stock 275/55/20's look to small, even on the stock truck height.

What size tires do you have on yours in that pic?

I just received my MotoFab 1.5" front lift "near level kit" as I call it today.

Like you, I like a bit of the rake to remain. I think the trucks look square, awkward when they are perfectly level in front, and then if you add any kind of a trailer, the back sits lower and the front looks like it's turning it's nose up to the sky.

Sadly I won't put the 1.5" motofab on until mid to late January. The wheels I ordered are not in stock anyway and need to be made and then shipped to me. I put 275/60/20 wheels on. I don't do any real off roading, just some dirt roads occasionally so I didn't want too big of tires on. The stock 275/55/20's look to small, even on the stock truck height.

What size tires do you have on yours in that pic?

Yea the stock looked really small. What brand tire did you go with?

Those are in fact 275/60R20... But the Duratracs look larger I guess.

Yea the stock looked really small. What brand tire did you go with?

Those are in fact 275/60R20... But the Duratracs look larger I guess.

I'm going to try the brand new

Goodyear TrailRunner AT's in 275/60/20

They are so new that neither Tirerack nor the official Goodyear site themselves has a single review yet.

I was going to go with the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (which have a great looking tread)

but the reason I was swayed to the Goodyear is for two reasons.

They are the OEM tire brand on the Sierra, as well as my prior two Ram Laramies. Of course the Sierra and the Ram's both use the SR-A tires, but they've been quite good. So I felt comfortable going with them, being a huge company too.

But the icing on the cake was the Goodyears are 38 lbs each. The Nitto's are 41 lbs each (about the same as the stock OEM tires)

So with the Goodyears, since I'm going 1" taller (and therefore raising my final drive ratio a bit) dropping a bit of rolling mass will hopefully offset it. The wheels I'm putting on are 7-8 lbs lighter each so I'll be dropping 10 lbs per corner of rotational mass.

I'm going to have to wait until after the New Year though, the wheels I wanted there were only 2 in stock in the country (even Tirerack has it as "special order"), so the order was placed yesterday, and am hoping for a mid to late January delivery.

Edited by Driver72
  • Like 1

Truck looks awesome. I would agree with your comment about the aggressive tread as I have 275/60/20 in just Michelins and they do not rub at all with a 2" lift.