Unusual Manufacturing Plan Emerges For 2019 Silverado

Gorehamj

17 hours ago, revrnd said:

Maybe if people learned the model designation before posting about whether or not they should level their new truck...

Maybe a simple spotters guide/legend should be on the FAQ page? LOL

They should offer a "lifted" version right off the bat. Offer it as an option since it appears 80% of new buyers slap on a lift kit and big tires even though most probably don't get off the pavement :)

8 hours ago, Northman said:

They should offer a "lifted" version right off the bat. Offer it as an option since it appears 80% of new buyers slap on a lift kit and big tires even though most probably don't get off the pavement :)

IMO it wouldn't be tall enough and/or priced exorbitantly. I'm thinking the QS4 (all wheel steering option) was around 3000 bucks.  

Bloomberg is also reporting that "Chrysler will be building its next generation pickups @ a former car assembly plant in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and produce the outgoing Ram model at a factory in Warren. That means the company will have an older, loer-priced version to sell to fleet buyers and bargain hunters even as the new one is hitting showrooms, [Morningstar analyst David] Winston said."

The incentives remind me of when GM was building out the old S truck based Blazer & Jimmy models as they wound down production at its Linden NJ plant. A few guys I worked w/ bought them as they were knocking 10Gs CDN from the price. I was asked a question by a trucker friend that did regular runs to NJ. He was by the plant as they were demolishing it & he said that w/ the building's sheathing removed, he said you could see several unpainted bodies on a conveyor. He asked me why that would be. I said I had no idea as when we were done a model run, the plant would've been cleared. Seems strange that these trucks 'were scheduled' but not completed. 

Edited by revrnd

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 9:46 AM, MaverickZ71 said:

Oh great, now we have to go through the usual "do you mean 2018 old style built in 2018, or 2019 new style built in 2018" deal all over again.  GM plays these games and it probably doesn't sell 10 more trucks than they would have.  The new 2019s are so damned ugly that they should produce 2018s well into 2019, to sell more trucks while they still can.  Oh well, it won't be long before posters on here are talking about NNNBS vs NNNNBS.  :sigh:

The 2016-18's are so ugly it's the primary reason for GM's fullsize sales have been falling every year since the end of 2015. The 2019 is a definite step in the right direction. At least the 2019 trucks will have a genuine off-road package instead of the joke that the Z71 aka "sticker and Rancho shocks package" has become.

• 3 years later...
On 3/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, Masert said:

Well, Chevy is doing such moves every time, starting with Equinox and finishing with Silverado models. Actually, they did what you guys wrote here, and in my opinion they will repeat this history again this year with the new Tahoe. The industrial automation era has already come to our earth, and if we look around us, almost everything is automatized, starting with cars assembly and finishing with other industries. In less than 40 years, I am sure that machines will replace human almost in every possible field.

Yes it is a sad cometary. World has completely gone to hell IMO!