2019 GMC Sierra will make world debut on March 1st - Invites Go Out

Zane

2019_Sierra_Invite.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com

2/2/2018

With all the attention the 2019 Silverado has gotten in the past few weeks, we'd understand if Sierra fans are feeling a little left out. Where is the 2019 Sierra and when will we know what it looks like? Good news, very soon! March 1st, to be exact. 

GMC has begun the process of inviting media to "be among the first to experience the global debut of the next-generation 2019 GMC Sierra". The 2019's Sierra's new badge design and the new Denali logo appear on the invitation sent out (see above). GM-Trucks.com was one of the media outlets that received the invite and will attend the event on March 1st. The event will take place in Detroit and most likely be broadcast live online. 

We'll have more details of the event as we get closer. Make sure to check back for our inevitable live-chat of the whole event. Sierra fans rejoice, we'll see the all new GMC full-size soon. 

You would think GMC would offer an off road version of the canyon and sierra. If I was a GMC dealer I’d be pissed that I didn’t have a ZR2 or trailboss (or Better) offering. 

12 hours ago, Colossus said:

Why do we need a Raptor fighter?  The sales are so low of those things it's not worth the $$$$ to get into that competition. 

For one reason why the raptor costs so much more is that it has FOX shocks which are very very expensive! Also I readed on a different site earlier that gm claims a ZR2 a success in the Colorado!

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, 2009GMC said:

You would think GMC would offer an off road version of the canyon and sierra. If I was a GMC dealer I’d be pissed that I didn’t have a ZR2 or trailboss (or Better) offering. 

Yes there is a Trail boss version of the Sierra. A member on a different forum who works at the fort wayne assembly seen it last week for a few minutes at the plant!!

2 hours ago, 480Ruger said:

What is your best guess on when these will be available to us little people?  Past history and all.  I’m sick of dealing with the steering on my 2016 (4th time).

Thanks

Never mind, I forgot the HDs are always a year behind. 

Can't wait to see what parts GM cheaped out on with this one. Guess we'll find out soon enough ... :lol:

Hope it's built better than my 2014 SLT.  Things failing right after warranty ran out. Heated seats, door lock actuator etc. Doubt if I would buy another one. Shame, i've always been a GMC guy.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:01 PM, Colossus said:

Why do we need a Raptor fighter?  The sales are so low of those things it's not worth the $$$$ to get into that competition. 

The same reason why GM created the Camaro to fight the mustang back in the 60’s. The same reason why the Corvette was created in the 50’s to fend off Jaguars.

GM never attempted to fight the raptor, who knows maybe it could be a better success?

Archived