I need help deciding for wheels and tires

I dont want to cut on my truck to fit in wheels. I am looking at 265/65-18 bfg KO2 tires but cant decide if I want to stay with an 18 inch wheel. Would there be any benefit to going with a smaller wheel? Such as a 16 or 17? 

Also what's the max size tire I can fit with out having rubbing issues 33 Or smaller?

Thanks 

received_2591220707769200.jpeg

Smaller rims have many benefits. Tires last longer, less road noise, better traction, shocks last longer, etc etc etc. 

Many people like bigger rims due to the aesthetics. I am not one of them. 

Lots of good info: 

(same principles apply)

Edited by starman8tdc

I was in the same boat few years ago.. I ended up staying with a 18 and put 275-70 18 ko2s on my truck with a 2 inch level no rubbing..I recently got a new truck without a level and same tires without rubbing they're a 33.1x 10.8 so you should be good with that maybe a little wider but not much choices out there to go wider without trimming

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So basically stay with an 18 or go down to a 16 would you say? I'm just not trying to lose MPG and life of tires while still having an all terrain tire.

19 hours ago, starman8tdc said:

Smaller rims have many benefits. Tires last longer, less road noise, better traction, shocks last longer, etc etc etc. 

Many people like bigger rims due to the aesthetics. I am not one of them. 

Lots of good info: 

(same principles apply)

Edited by rae185
Add info

I can't really comment on the mpg loss I never paid much attention to it if I had to guess I'd say 2-3 with my bfgs.. They have 20k on them and still measure at 12/32 out of 15/32 the ride is very smooth and I have a little extra"bump" protection for any potholes etc on the road

I do plan on doing a level kit along as it does not mess with my warranties that I have. 

I haven't decided on what kit due to so many different ones out there have not figured out what one I want.

It honestly shouldn't avoid a warranty they just say it depends on what part is broke and if they can prove it's because of leveling kit many dealership don't care at all techs all have them on theirs lol.. anywho you should be fine with the tire I said I have a 17 you could run 285/70 I think without a level may rub on the carpet but barely.. I've had a 2 inch rough country leveling kit before and it was fine for 25k I had on my truck before I turned it in there is plenty out there just depends on size and price you want

Yup I got 33s on stock but aren't 12.50 wide just 11 wide if you go 2.5 I believe you could get away with 12.50 if you did tiny trimming I'm not exactly sure I would do it and just deal with a little bu rub I'm sure it's not much rubbing if you went 2 inch level you would rub like crazy

I was considering the rough country level but I think I'm leaning towards the motofab one. I think a 2 inch level for 33 in tires?

Nope! I think if I hit a bump at full lock backing up it may touch the carpet but that's it they're also worn down just a tad from 20k of use brand new may be different but I doubt it