Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

I have a 2015 Tahoe LT with 8" screen with Nav.

Looking for a complete swap so I can get Apple Carplay.

Can someone selling/programming HMI and radio modules PM me with cost, Part Numbers.

IMG_0749 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0755 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0756 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0757 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0758 (Medium).jpg

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, FDNYFISH said:

Just ordered a complete hmi and radio upgrade from Magpie.  Will advise how the install and functions work one I have it and it’s installed

Awesome...watch a couple YouTube vids and you'll be fine.  Took me maybe 20min to install my parts.

hey guys have the 4.2 screen and trying to upgrade to a 8 inch screen... but not sure what’s the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.5 module??? don’t care that much for all the techy stuff (even though my brother has a cruze with apple carplay and makes me sad since i got the baby screen lol) but since the 2.5 module is 50 bucks more then why not get all the stuff too? so what’s the difference with the 2.0 and 2.5 hmu module thanks :(

1 minute ago, bowtiemark said:

hey guys have the 4.2 screen and trying to upgrade to a 8 inch screen... but not sure what’s the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.5 module??? don’t care that much for all the techy stuff (even though my brother has a cruze with apple carplay and makes me sad since i got the baby screen lol) but since the 2.5 module is 50 bucks more then why not get all the stuff too? so what’s the difference with the 2.0 and 2.5 hmu module thanks :(

Do the 2.5; even if you DONT use car play/AA the speed is worth $50 easily. 

6 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Do the 2.5; even if you DONT use car play/AA the speed is worth $50 easily. 

kinda figured since it’s not that much price difference? do you know what i do next after i get my hands on the module? can i just install it on my truck with the touch screen radio or do i send the module to get programmed?

kinda figured since it’s not that much price difference? do you know what i do next after i get my hands on the module? can i just install it on my truck with the touch screen radio or do i send the module to get programmed?

You’ll want to get the matching radio for your audio RPO and both of them programmed.

Another happy Magpie Customer here, highly recommend, Customer service is awesome too.  Got everything delivered Friday evening, installed Saturday morning (45 mins) and it works great.  FYI for Carplay users there is no reason to do the cluster swap and programming anymore.  With the "Hey Siri" shortcuts in the latest IOS all you have to do is turn Siri Shortcuts on in your phone settings and say "Hey Siri" while your driving and she talks through the radio.  No need to press anything on the screen or steering wheel.

Details:  Truck is a Pre-August 2015 2500HD LTZ w/ I06 and HD Radio.  Got the new Radio and I06 2.5 HMI, plugged right in, confirmed w/ Magpie I would still have HD Radio and I do.

Tips, the USB swap was the hardest part (if you want to call it "hard") for me.  I'm anal about not scuffing or marring any interior plastic.  Mine was extremely tight.  I tapped everything off with painters tape around it (as I did with the dash trim when removing it) and used two of the thinnest trim removal tools I had lifting on the back and left side at the same time, it finally popped out in two pieces.  Didn't scuff or mar anything, and the new one fit tight as well with no movement.  Having a quality set of trim removal tools is key for this install.

Also it is a good time to change your cabin air filter while your swapping out the HMI since you have everything removed and its right there, mine was only two years old and needed replacing.

• Like 3

On 6/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, FDNYFISH said:

I have a 2015 Tahoe LT with 8" screen with Nav.

Looking for a complete swap so I can get Apple Carplay.

Can someone selling/programming HMI and radio modules PM me with cost, Part Numbers.

IMG_0749 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0755 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0756 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0757 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0758 (Medium).jpg

The screens from my 2015 Impala match these screens to the letter/number. Does this mean i could do the same swap in my Impala? Maybe @th3magpi3 would know?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GHT said:

The screens from my 2015 Impala match these screens to the letter/number. Does this mean i could do the same swap in my Impala? Maybe @th3magpi3 would know?

100% you can. I've done many impala upgrades!

Send me a PM if you need more details, I'm happy to help!

• 2 weeks later...

Modules are out for delivery with UPS. Thanks to Magpie for the super fast shipping from Canada to USA.

Car is already apart so I can swap them out as soon as they arrive, weekend road trip tomorrow.  

IMG_0766 (Large).jpeg

IMG_0767 (Large).jpeg

IMG_0875 (Large).jpg

IMG_0876 (Large).jpg

Edited by FDNYFISH

One thing I just realized that I dont have anymore is the ability to rewind live radio. Was there an internal hard drive on the older units that isnt there on the new hmi and radios?

57 minutes ago, Codman67 said:

A big thanks to Anthony from MVi inc for my io6 upgrade from a io5 works perfect thank you

Yeah. Good guys there. I have alot of their stuff in my truck.