Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

***UPDATE***

Hey guys,

Just a heads up - I've added the ability to put custom boot logos into your HMI. Please see the detailed post at the following link: 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:02 AM, GTPprix said:

At a minimum for proper operation you need the Radio, HMI and USB hub. If you want it ALL to work as a factory 2016+ you need to upgrade the instrument cluster as well. 

If you drop us a line from our website we can send you a curated parts list for the best possible results including the cluster etc.

www.whiteautoandmedia.com

@GTPprix I have 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I have already upgraded the HMI and usb. Still need the radio module. If I were to upgrade the cluster to a Denali cluster would I be able to view the map on the cluster while driving? That would be a cool option I think. 

1 minute ago, Trippster said:

@GTPprix I have 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I have already upgraded the HMI and usb. Still need the radio module. If I were to upgrade the cluster to a Denali cluster would I be able to view the map on the cluster while driving? That would be a cool option I think. 

It will show the factory navigation maps yes but not the car play maps etc.

@th3magpi3 Nice job dude!! I know that's a royal pain in the ass! :) 

• Like 1

I know that im not messin with mine again.. lol that is just waiting to have more trouble... lol 

@WAMS.  Although. It would be cool to add a backround pic onto the main screen.  Just sayin LOL.

4 hours ago, Bhoudey said:

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2015 Silverado 8in screen no nav.. looking to add Android Auto. What exactly do I need to do to obtain this feature? I'm still a little confused on this upgrade.

You need a new HMI, radio interface and new USB PORTS. THOSE 3. I have a 2015 Silverado also and  @th3magpi3 hooked me up. He has great customer service and can answer any of your questions and pricing. PM HIM and he will get you setup!!!

• Thanks 1

If you need your hmi programmed you have to use @th3magpi3 i have a 2014 impala and he was able to programmed gps+apple carplay he was able to program cheaper than anyone else i got a quote from... one other guy said more programming needed to happen so it would cost me even more. Turn around from US to Canada was pretty fast too.. once again thanks a lot for all your help

• Like 2

New member here, lots of info posted.  Magpi, I have a 2014 Silverado LT with IO5.  Looking for plug and play Apple CarPlay and have Siri work along with XM in the future.  How do I find out how much $$ and are there other options I should consider? 

New member here, lots of info posted.  Magpi, I have a 2014 Silverado LT with IO5.  Looking for plug and play Apple CarPlay and have Siri work along with XM in the future.  How do I find out how much $$ and are there other options I should consider? 

Just sent you a pm a few minutes ago :) check your messages and give me a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2019-06-07 at 10:50 AM, PirateDiesel said:
What’s the best way to get the USB outlet out of the inside the console  (full console bucket seats).  Can it be pulled straight out or does it need to be released from the back?  Don’t want to break anything.

Should have enough slack for a swap. Just be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by th3magpi3

For those that have updated to the 2.5 hmi with factory navigation, what is the map update procedure?  Can you just order the map update off the navigation.com site and use model year 2016-2018 with your vin instead of 2014-2015?

12 minutes ago, asull79 said:

For those that have updated to the 2.5 hmi with factory navigation, what is the map update procedure?  Can you just order the map update off the navigation.com site and use model year 2016-2018 with your vin instead of 2014-2015?

You betcha!

Select the model as a 2016-2018 and input your VIN. All will work just fine.