I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 LT2, I bought it a week ago (got a steal, $15,000 and it's a crew cab!) but one of the reasons I was able to negotiate such a good price was because the windshield wipers didn't work and it wasn't just the fuse so the dealer didn't want to try to figure out the issue.

After little research I discovered that occasionally on some trucks the engine fuse box has a wiring problem so it needs to be replaced. Easy fix, right? I buy one on eBay for $50 and replace it last night, takes 3 minutes. Turn the key to ON and the wipers work. Great, all is well I thought...

...then half an hour later I go to my truck to drive to a friend's house and when I turn the key to START the truck doesn't respond at all. I'm assuming my transponder key was tied to the fuse box somehow. I swap the fuse boxes and it starts right up but again, I have no windshield wipers. 

One option I have is to tear into the fuse box and repair the broken wire for my wipers but I would literally have to drill it out of its casing so I'm not trying to get in that deep. I would rather program the key to the new fuse box.

But here's the catch 22, you need one programmed key to work before you can program another spare key. If I swap the fuse box and my wipers work, my key won't work and I can't program it or another spare. Is there another way to program a key?