Truck shops in Ontario?

Just got my new Silverado recently and was wondering if anyone can suggest a few truck modification shops/mechanics in Ontario? I've seen a lot of good ones in the US but can't seem to find any in Canada, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I bought a few items from Action Car and Truck but they won't install anything that isn't bought from them. I live in a building so I'm unable to do a lot myself and want to know if there are any good repair shops/modification shops in the Ontario area. Not really interested in going to the dealer as they have screwed me over before (poor repair & high prices) and the mechanics there don't seem to know what they are doing and couldn't give two s**** about your truck (there are good ones but they are rare and you can't really book a particular mechanic).

Thanks y'all,

Victor

What modifications are you looking to do? 
I rarely take my vehicles to the dealer but if I have to I've always been able to book a particular tech, maybe it's different dealer to dealer. 

It's actually not uncommon for shops to not install parts they don't sell. 

Depending on what you are looking for, 4 Wheel Parts in Burlington might be able to provide what you need. 

If you are on facebook, the Southern Ontario 4x4 group might be able to give you some recommendations, if you clarify what specifically you are looking for.

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinner said:

What modifications are you looking to do? 
I rarely take my vehicles to the dealer but if I have to I've always been able to book a particular tech, maybe it's different dealer to dealer. 

I’m looking for a lift, new shocks, bumper, and a winch set up. Also for regular maintence (oil, fluids, rotations, etc)

I’m looking for a lift, new shocks, bumper, and a winch set up. Also for regular maintence (oil, fluids, rotations, etc)

I’d look at CST Performance Lifts, doesn’t give you that silly widening of your track width requiring controversial spacers and ruining your turning radius. It’s a far superior lift kit to BDS and Zone in material and craftsmanship, built in house. When shipping your parts, no matter what you get, have it shipped as spares, avoiding taxation.

https://cstsuspension.com/

Sent from above

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBSierra17 said:

Could start by going to a lift manufacturer website and searching for authorized installation shops in your area. Zone and BDS have this at least. 

Then do follow up research on the shops listed to pick your favorite. 

Thanks for the idea, looking to get some Fox shocks so I'll email them and see if they can recommend a shop nearby. 

3 hours ago, rkj__ said:

It's actually not uncommon for shops to not install parts they don't sell. 

Depending on what you are looking for, 4 Wheel Parts in Burlington might be able to provide what you need. 

If you are on facebook, the Southern Ontario 4x4 group might be able to give you some recommendations, if you clarify what specifically you are looking for.

4 Wheel Parts seem to be a pretty nice place, I'll check them out next time I drive down there. Thanks