Upper Control Arm Swap???

I have a 2018 Silverado with a 6" RC lift. The factory UCA are junk. Can I swap them with the 2015 aluminum ones? Everything I am seeing on aftermarket says it won't work with a 6" lift, but I have the stock ones on now... Confused...

Edited by Sparta

I don't know the answer for sure to your question. Personally I would swap to a aftermarket control arm, that way you will have greaseable bushings and ball joints. Also much easier to replace ball joints.

I more then happy with the Reklez uca's on my 2018 with a 4 1/2" CST lift. 

• Like 1

I have a 2018 Silverado with a 6" RC lift. The factory UCA are junk. Can I swap them with the 2015 aluminum ones? Everything I am seeing on aftermarket says it won't work with a 6" lift, but I have the stock ones on now... Confused...
Swapping stock UCA's for a different style of stock arms isnt going to fix anything. The problem your having isnt so much bad OE ball joints its the angle at which they are being use now because of the lift. The only way to get better ride quality is to use aftermarket UCA's. Make sure you know what material your OE ones are and order the right set.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for the info guys. Looking at the FabTech UCA's. The main reason for my concern was a post I read somewhere about the new style UCA's not securing the ball joint. Supposedly when they get worn, they can fail and the UCA can come loose. Anyone else heard about this?

Thanks for the info guys. Looking at the FabTech UCA's. The main reason for my concern was a post I read somewhere about the new style UCA's not securing the ball joint. Supposedly when they get worn, they can fail and the UCA can come loose. Anyone else heard about this?
Yea I hear about this too but I thought it was the ball joint that would fail and then come loose? But either way ik not taking a chance, I just ordered cognito UCA's this week, $490 shipped, not too bad in my book.

1 hour ago, CKrado said:

Yea I hear about this too but I thought it was the ball joint that would fail and then come loose? But either way ik not taking a chance, I just ordered cognito UCA's this week, $490 shipped, not too bad in my book.

I'm about to order cognitos  as well. My uppers are still good but my lower BJ are fried ...  so I'm gonna tear apart the lowers and replace the BJ , might as well do the uppers while I'm at . 

I'm not getting the uniball though....  

I glanced at the congitos. For that price I need to look again. The FabTechs are $630. I just wanna avoid any issues before they come up.

• Like 1

I ordered my arms from alligatorperformance.com and they price matched the price I was given from battle born off-road. I am also replacing mine before any issues come up. I don’t want t
I be driving down the highway and the OE ball joints fail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm about to order cognitos  as well. My uppers are still good but my lower BJ are fried ...  so I'm gonna tear apart the lowers and replace the BJ , might as well do the uppers while I'm at . 
  I'm not getting the uniball though....  

I didn’t get Uni-Ball either because of all the road salt in winter in Kansas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm down in N.C. we don't really have a salt problem here. Not sure if I'll go with uniball or not. I've never had that set up. We have really good local shop that'll point me in the right direction. I'll definitely check out alligator preference though. Price match is always a good thing!

• Like 1

Take a picture of your UCA’s and your front suspension setup on level ground.

Sent from above