Age old question Tire Size 22's or 24's

King Tonka

I have an age old question for everybody.  I have a 2015 Silverado w/Z71 package currently running on stock 18's.  I want to upgrade to bigger wheels and tires preferably 22's or 24's.  I know the biggest stock setup is 22's.  My question is for anyone that has upgraded to 24's or just knows from general knowledge, if i go with 24's will I have to upgrade things like calibers, rotors, recalibrate my speedometer or anything else that i'll have to do by choosing 24's.  I've heard so much i decided to ask in the forum to see if anybody can share their experiences/knowledge.  I don't have any lifts not even a level kit yet but I plan on getting the level done soon as well in the front.  From everything I've read i know 24's will fit i'm just concerned about any additional parts/maintenance they would require.  Thanks!

On 3/17/2019 at 9:58 AM, King Tonka said:

I have an age old question for everybody.  I have a 2015 Silverado w/Z71 package currently running on stock 18's.  I want to upgrade to bigger wheels and tires preferably 22's or 24's.  I know the biggest stock setup is 22's.  My question is for anyone that has upgraded to 24's or just knows from general knowledge, if i go with 24's will I have to upgrade things like calibers, rotors, recalibrate my speedometer or anything else that i'll have to do by choosing 24's.  I've heard so much i decided to ask in the forum to see if anybody can share their experiences/knowledge.  I don't have any lifts not even a level kit yet but I plan on getting the level done soon as well in the front.  From everything I've read i know 24's will fit i'm just concerned about any additional parts/maintenance they would require.  Thanks!

You mean downgrade to 24's?  I've had 24's and they ride terrible.  20's, a tad small,  22's look good and still have a nice ride.  As for fitment, it's not the wheel size but the o.d. of the tire.  You can have a 20", 22" and a 24" wheel with the same tire o.d.   You will have more wheel and less sidewall.  I'd go 22.