RST front turn signal bulbs?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, andychabot said:

I would like to change the regular bulbs in my Front turn signals on my RST to LEDs. Does anyone know what bulbs these are (they are marked 855)? Any recommendations on LED's that won't require resistors?

2 hours ago, robstitzer said:

I’m looking for the same info as well. 

Its W21/5WLL.  The page below has all of the light bulb sizes as well as other useful information.  It's also pinned to the home page of the forum

I ordered a pair of amber LED's for the front turn signals and they came today. They are much brighter than the bulbs, better color and no hyper flash or codes...

Why GM didn't go this route with the RST is beyond me... A major upgrade...

Here is the link to the ones I got :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0794ZBNBH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 6:52 PM, andychabot said:

I ordered a pair of amber LED's for the front turn signals and they came today. They are much brighter than the bulbs, better color and no hyper flash or codes...

How was installation? I’ll be ordering these today. 

It could not be easier.  Look for the small round plug with the fin on it (IT HAS NO WIRES ATTACHED TO IT). Twist and pull it out, replace the bulb and reinsert and twist. Both sides are very easy access and you don't need any tools.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 6:52 PM, andychabot said:

Can you post a picture of what they look like now?

That's the same thing 7443. Just keep in mind that all 7443 bulbs are not the same. Some that don't draw as much current may create the hyper-flash error condition.

The ones that I posted the link to work well. Simply order those and you will be fine. 19silveradoF.thumb.jpg.c50d612535b80f999642ed65d7a55fc4.jpg

36 minutes ago, Andy Chabot said:

That's the same thing 7443. Just keep in mind that all 7443 bulbs are not the same. Some that don't draw as much current may create the hyper-flash error condition.

The ones that I posted the link to work well. Simply order those and you will be fine. 19silveradoF.thumb.jpg.c50d612535b80f999642ed65d7a55fc4.jpg

Perfect. It was tough finding somewhere that definitively said they were the same. Thanks again!

On 4/9/2019 at 4:52 PM, Andy Chabot said:

Is there a noticeable brightness between running lights and signal?  I have purchased lights in the past and it was almost imperceptible when I had my signal on versus the lights being on in running mode.  Care to post a short video or something at night to show the difference?

• Like 1

The turn signals on the front of a '19 RST only light when used as a turn signal, they are not lit otherwise and these are BRIGHT vs. the incandescent bulbs that come from the factory. My video I have is too large for this website, but I did post it in the similar facebook group.

Andy

49 minutes ago, Andy Chabot said:

The turn signals on the front of a '19 RST only light when used as a turn signal, they are not lit otherwise and these are BRIGHT vs. the incandescent bulbs that come from the factory. My video I have is too large for this website, but I did post it in the similar facebook group.

Andy

I just checked my truck and you are right.  The front ambers are not on with the headlights.  That makes that part easier I guess.  The difficult part now is to find something that works well for the back.  Your timing must have been impeccable to capture your signal flash.  :)