RST front turn signal bulbs?

They ones yall are using with the built in resistors are not available on Amazon.com any longer, nor can I find them anywhere online. I searched and searched last night, along with reading a LOT of reviews on Amazon on other LED options. They almost ALL said the buyers ended up needing a resistor. 

So screw it, I'll just stick with the OEM bulb. I researched replacing the flasher relay, but apparently you can no longer do that on new trucks. And I don't want to mess with wiring in new resistors, since it looks like you have to wire that into the feed for the whole lamp assembly. 

For something that should be such a simple upgrade, it sure isn't. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, econometrics said:

The non-LED turn signals are really one of the weakest points on the lighting game of these trucks. It's crazy how weak the light is on them, IMO. 

Also, I don't like how GM (on the Chevys at least) kind of "hid" the turn signal from the side with that side air curtain design. I love the design in general, but I am a lot more cautious changing lanes on the multi-lane interstates around DFW because I feel side traffic cannot see your turn signal at ALL. 

Don't worry. Everyone can see you in that beast ??

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Shout out to JR09country. The LED bulbs he recommended have built-in resistors and work great. No hyper flash. ????

For how long have you had the bulbs? Can you share the link? 

For how long have you had the bulbs? Can you share the link? 
Ive had them on for about 3 weeks and have about 200 or so miles on them. I dont drive a lot so hopefully they keep on working.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, econometrics said:

All the 2019s besides the WT have LED taillamps and blinkers. 

Unless you are asking about a different rear light? 

Not true, unfortunately. I have a LT2 allstar and it came with regular bulbs in the rear. Didn’t notice until I was given a loaner from the dealer (a low end custom) that had LED taillights. Annoyed that $50k doesn’t have LEDs all around.  I’ve since changed the bulbs to LED but haven’t found a viable solution for the hyper flash cause by the brake light turn signal combo. 

1 hour ago, Axxess said:

Not true, unfortunately. I have a LT2 allstar and it came with regular bulbs in the rear. Didn’t notice until I was given a loaner from the dealer (a low end custom) that had LED taillights. Annoyed that $50k doesn’t have LEDs all around.  I’ve since changed the bulbs to LED but haven’t found a viable solution for the hyper flash cause by the brake light turn signal combo. 

Weird. The Customs have LED tail lamps. I didn’t realize the LTs didn’t. Very strange Chevy gave them LED headlamps but not tail lamps. ???‍♂️

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and I am looking for some help. I bought a 2019 silverado LT with led headlights and regular bulb tail lights. I changed the tail light from regular bulb turn signals to the chevy ltz taillights I bought off someone nearby. I am getting hyperflash when turn signals go on but not the hazards. And a message on dash to check rear turn signal. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? I tried placing resistor but didnt work.  Thank you 

Edited by Joedoe81
Replace a missing word

4 hours ago, Joedoe81 said:

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and I am looking for some help. I bought a 2019 silverado LT with led headlights and regular bulb tail lights. I changed the tail light from regular bulb turn signals to the chevy ltz taillights I bought off someone nearby. I am getting hyperflash when turn signals go on but not the hazards. And a message on dash to check rear turn signal. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? I tried placing resistor but didnt work.  Thank you 

This harness should make them work for you. You may have not put the resistor in the right spot or not the right value. The system is kind of finicky.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/19-20-silverado-plug-play-harnesses/products/2019-led-taillight-harness-1500-models

Promo code LD19 will give you 20% off through tomorrow.

Just be warned that the resistors get really hot, so try to heat sink them against the hitch or a similar metal object, and know they will melt any plastic ties nearby!

Also, the resistors have a limited lifespan. I had to replace them both once on my 2016. It’s one of those things where I would have paid up for a better resistor but nobody makes one. All Chinese junk. Good luck.

13 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

This harness should make them work for you. You may have not put the resistor in the right spot or not the right value. The system is kind of finicky.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/19-20-silverado-plug-play-harnesses/products/2019-led-taillight-harness-1500-models

Promo code LD19 will give you 20% off through tomorrow.

Just be warned that the resistors get really hot, so try to heat sink them against the hitch or a similar metal object, and know they will melt any plastic ties nearby!

Also, the resistors have a limited lifespan. I had to replace them both once on my 2016. It’s one of those things where I would have paid up for a better resistor but nobody makes one. All Chinese junk. Good luck.

Thank you so much, I just ordered the harness crossing fingers works