2014 Silverado 5.3 cylinder 4 misfire

Currently in the process of trouble shooting a p0304 code. Ruled out a bad coil pack by hooking an ohm meter to it and also swapping cylinder 2 & 4 to see if the the Mis fire would follow. Replaced spark plugs, plug wires, and put a can of sea-foam in the intake. Not hearing any abnormal sounds coming from the engine while running. Just a steady misfire on 4. I’m thinking it is a bad injector. Anyone else experience something similar, and to also see if anyone yet has tackled changing the injectors on the new models. Thank you 

Your logic seems to be spot on with a bad injector, especially if you've ruled everything else out. Are you getting the P050D code? Many members with injector issues on the K2s have consistently reported that. 

Sadly I don’t have to tools to check the compression. May dig into it a little later today and ohm out some of the sensors listed in that link. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted. 

Sadly I don’t have to tools to check the compression. May dig into it a little later today and ohm out some of the sensors listed in that link. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted. 

Auto parts stores rent a tool and get that exact amount back in your pocket the same day.

Always start with the basics.. spark, fuel,  compression.. I suspect you might have a lifter issue.. 

You can also pull off the valve cover and turn it over to inspect the lifter movement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hillwood said:

Always start with the basics.. spark, fuel,  compression.. I suspect you might have a lifter issue.. 

You can also pull off the valve cover and turn it over to inspect the lifter movement.

Will definitely look into it, just drove around the block, put in manual mode and held it in gear. When it was held in gear and coasting the check engine light would stop blinking and turn solid. Not sure what that could mean. 

• 5 months later...

I had a bad lifter in cylinder number 7 it was a collapsed lifter, cost me 830$ for parts (non afm cam, ls7 lifter, lifter trays, oil blocker, head gaskets, head bolts and 500$ labor and 100$ fluids. 200$ for a tune to turn off the v4mode . My truck had Code P0307, if cylinder number 4 is a afm lifter that’s probably what it is 

Edited by Frankielozano214