BedRug vs. 'Carpeted Bed Liner'

Sorry if this has been addressed before.  There were actually a lot of results in the search, too many, in fact, to find the answer I was looking for.

I'm in the market for a carpeted bed liner.  I'm looking at Bedrugs but I also see that Chevy offers the OEM 'Carpeted bed liner'.  Are these the same thing, are they both made by Bedrug?

Does anyone have the OEM liner that can shed some light on pros/cons of getting one over the other?

8 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

Sorry if this has been addressed before.  There were actually a lot of results in the search, too many, in fact, to find the answer I was looking for.

I'm in the market for a carpeted bed liner.  I'm looking at Bedrugs but I also see that Chevy offers the OEM 'Carpeted bed liner'.  Are these the same thing, are they both made by Bedrug?

Does anyone have the OEM liner that can shed some light on pros/cons of getting one over the other?

Not sure about the GM rug, but I bought the Bedrug version and have been very happy with it.   The bottom is foam, molded to the shape of the bed, with carpet on top.  I like that it pulls out when you need it to and cleans up easily.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BillyDee said:

Not sure about the GM rug, but I bought the Bedrug version and have been very happy with it.   The bottom is foam, molded to the shape of the bed, with carpet on top.  I like that it pulls out when you need it to and cleans up easily.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm definitely leaning towards the Bedrug. 

I'm looking on the GM Accessories site and the rug parts and install kit look eerily similar to the pictures on the Bedrug site. 

Now that I'm doing the math Bedrug, GM Site (with the 20% Legends discount) and Amazon are all coming out about the same price.

1 hour ago, Darmichar said:

I actually had to phone Bedrug once and they informed me that they actually make the GM version for them. They are exactly the same thing only the GM one has the logo embroidered on it! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Likarok said:

I actually had to phone Bedrug once and they informed me that they actually make the GM version for them. They are exactly the same thing only the GM one has the logo embroidered on it! 

That's what I figured.  The similarities were just too many for it not to be that way. 

I think I'm just going to order it direct from Bedrug.  I could go either way on the embroidered Chevy symbol that no one but me will ever see and GM wants to ship their stuff to my local dealer, except my dealer isn't in their list, and I'd rather deal directly with Bedrug.

You can't go wrong with the bed rug I have it in my truck but I also have a camper shell however I like the bed rug because you can use the Rough Side of velcro and stick smell items to it LOL it is beyond convenient :-) it goes in with a bunch of Velcro that gets taped down on the perimeters I only used it at the tailgate Edge and the tailgate itself. Therefore you have tons of extra Velcro for any other projects :-). In summation I would say go for it and you will not be unhappy. I didn't pay for mine GM gave it to me with some pro professional accessories blah blah blah to make the deal sweeter. I did not think I would like it because I had the spray in bedliner anyway however it is great and the dog loves it.

• Like 1

I have a 2014 with the Chevy Carpeted Bed liner, from the dealer It's a Bedrug with the Chevy logo embroidered on it.

HPIM1584.JPG

I had a Bedrug in my 2003, wouldn't do it any other way.

SS%20Tailgate%20open.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, [email protected] said:

You can't go wrong with the bed rug I have it in my truck but I also have a camper shell however I like the bed rug because you can use the Rough Side of velcro and stick smell items to it LOL it is beyond convenient :-) 

I read that yesterday and it didn't click with me.  Just read it again and that makes sense now.  Definitely a plus.

22 minutes ago, LSR Mike said:

I have a 2014 with the Chevy Carpeted Bed liner, from the dealer It's a Bedrug with the Chevy logo embroidered on it.

HPIM1584.JPG

I had a Bedrug in my 2003, wouldn't do it any other way.

SS%20Tailgate%20open.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and pictures.  I like that it's a nice, clean install.  My wife isn't quite on board yet, guess I'll just have to get one and convince her.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, Darmichar said:

My wife isn't quite on board yet, guess I'll just have to get one and convince her.

Don't know if you have a tonneau or not but the first time your wife sits on the tailgate or in the bed (sporting events, fireworks, camping, etc.) she will be sold on it!!

• Like 1

I have Bedrugs in both my 2018 Silverados. As long as you aren't hauling dirt or rocks they are the best bed liners . I actually have a moving blanket spread over to keep them nice and new looking. If you are hauling dirt or rocks get a spray in liner .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I have Bedrugs in both my 2018 Silverados. As long as you aren't hauling dirt or rocks they are the best bed liners . I actually have a moving blanket spread over to keep them nice and new looking. If you are hauling dirt or rocks get a spray in liner .

How hard is it going to be to clean if it does get dirty?  If I were to haul dirt/gravel etc I'd likely drop a tarp first, but I'm curious how easy they are to clean once dirty.  I do have a gas powered pressure washer.

6 hours ago, sk said:

Don't know if you have a tonneau or not but the first time your wife sits on the tailgate or in the bed (sporting events, fireworks, camping, etc.) she will be sold on it!!

That's what's appealing to me.  I'm getting too old to be crawling around the back of my truck on metal or a spray in liner.

6 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I haven’t done it yet but the company (BedRug) says you can put dirt in it and just hose it off.  Not sure I buy that, but it should clean up.  As said, if I was hauling dirt, rock, mulch, I’d throw down a tarp.  Actually, Harbor Freight has moving blankets that are pretty cheap and I’d probably throw that down too.  I don’t think a BedRug is the best liner if you’re main use of the bed is frequent hauling of this type of material.  For the rest of us where this is possible but infrequent, a BedRug is a great liner and a tarp should work when hauling dirt, rock, . . .

I have the BedRug and a tonneau cover and am very happy with it.  It’s like a giant trunk.  Next best thing would be an old Crown Vic.  I guess if I could get the same thing for the same price with a Chevy logo on it, I’d probably go that way.

Edited by GN2018
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GN2018 said:

Actually, Harbor Freight has moving blankets that are pretty cheap and I’d probably throw that down too.

I own a few of these and use them regularly.

I owned my 2014 for 4 years and hauled dirt in it one time, and that time was a last ditch effort.  We were volunteering for a local battered women's shelter replacing their outdoor garden area and ran out of space to put the old dirt.  I took a load of it just to get it out of there.

One last question.  Is installation made easier by letting the parts 'soak' in the sun for a while to make them a little more pliable or does it matter?

16 hours ago, Darmichar said:

How hard is it going to be to clean if it does get dirty?  If I were to haul dirt/gravel etc I'd likely drop a tarp first, but I'm curious how easy they are to clean once dirty.  I do have a gas powered pressure washer.

I think a pressure washer would work pretty good. I would presoak it first with some laundry detergent and hot water then after an hour or so blast away then hit it with a wet dry vacuum and let it sit in the sun to dry .

Edited by dieselfan1