In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

EXSlider400

New 2019 Yukon Denali... wind noise.

Just bought this vehicle yesterday and now on the way home going interstate speed’s it’s making a noise like a window was rolled down or something and making my ears hurt along with my wife’s is this normal or is this a common problem and if so what’s the fix? 

Just bought this vehicle yesterday and now on the way home going interstate speed’s it’s making a noise like a window was rolled down or something and making my ears hurt along with my wife’s is this normal or is this a common problem and if so what’s the fix? 

Congrats for the new ride.
Not 100% sure, but you can go back and let the dealer know if there is something wrong that they can fix under warranty.
Some ppl say the the B pillar door trim is sometimes become loose and needs to be fixed. But in your case, it is a brand new vehicle so it wasn’t supposed to have this issue!

I plan on it but it seems to help to have a TSB or at least an idea beforehand. I don’t know if it is an opening or gap issue or road noise from a vibration on this one. I should have taken the test drive on the interstate but that is my fault. 

I plan on it but it seems to help to have a TSB or at least an idea beforehand. I don’t know if it is an opening or gap issue or road noise from a vibration on this one. I should have taken the test drive on the interstate but that is my fault. 

You bought it yesterday, if you’re not happy with it, return it and go buy yourself something else. One thing I’ve always found to be true with Dealerships, always say yes, we’ll take care of it only to find later that either it’s normal or can’t find anything wrong with it and by then it’s to late to return it. I got rid of my 16 loaded out XL after one to many times “that’s normal for the vehicle” which I call BS so I traded it for a new body style 2019 BMW X5, night and day difference in quality especially in handling. Though there’s nothing quite as room as an XL, my wife is over it now. No clucking, weird shifting, uneven doors, multiple repairs far to soon for the mileage which traded it at 40K miles. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GMC dealer here in Tupelo has always treated us right and this is our 3rd 4x4 Denali from them in 5 years (1500, 2500 DMax, Yukon).  They are going to pick it up tomorrow and see what the issue (pressure or drone or 22” tires needing RFB) is. I will keep the forum updated for informational purposes. But any other comments are still welcomed. 

Update: Dealer said the exhaust was not clamped correctly so a leak was making a drone. I will keep the group updated. 

Edited by EXSlider400

Here is the related TSB info (I will look for the number) but I still plan on better tires and road force balance. 

By the way the “booming” is still there so I still have to figure it out  

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=7001

Edited by EXSlider400

I have the exact same issue. Dealer says it's normal, but this is my 4th Denali and I can tel you it is not normal. Did you find the cause?

On 1/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Rich D said:

I have the exact same issue. Dealer says it's normal, but this is my 4th Denali and I can tel you it is not normal. Did you find the cause?

No. I have had 08 Yukon, 14 Denali 1500, 16 Denali 1500 and 18 Denali 2500 and now this 19 Denali Yukon (all z71 except the 19 which is just 4x4). Only the Yukon does this and only one with 22” wheels. When I get time I am going to put my 18” Wheels from my 07 Sierra on it to see if it stops the noise.  Even my new AT4 1500 rides better than the Yukon Denali and it not only has the factory 2” lift but a set of aggressive all terrains in a set of 20” wheels. Magna ride and 22” suck. The sun roof also removes a roof brace and to me it sounds like the roof metal is just too thin. I can push it down And make an indent in with my pinky for goodness sake. 

GM suggested they wanted to send an engineer down but then they said it was normal so they never did anything but say sorry that is how it is designed and tough $hit it rides like crap. They don’t care how loyal you are or what vehicle you buy or if you ever buy another one. The next SUV will be probably be a Mercedes as my wife has a E550 AMG Cabriolet and has had zero issues and rides like butter. At the Decked out Denali trim, a gently used previous year Mercedes is the same or less money and better warranty, build quality, and CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

just for perspective I have also owned a 1990 Sierra GT Stepside and a 2000 Sierra 1500. So been in Sierras my whole life. 

Edited by EXSlider400

Had the same problem with my 2019 Suburban.  Was coming from the passenger rear quarter panel glass. Tech drove and confirmed the noise and redid the seal.  No noise now.  Have someone with you so you can pinpoint where it’s coming from 

I bought a used 2016 Yukon XL Denali with 7800 miles.  Have had this problem since I bought it and the local dealer keeps giving me the run around.  Finally I found the following bulletin on line from GM regarding the noise issue from the rear.

The actual GM bulletin is: Document ID 4421703. #PIT5291B: Wind Whistle Noise At Highway Speeds From Left Or Right Rear Quarter Glass Area

NHTSA ID Number: 10160978

Manufacturer Communication Number: PIT5291E

The local dealer said it would cost me an estimate of $550 to repair and maybe more.  They allegedly have never heard of this complaint from anyone, though he confirmed the noise in a test drive with me when he sat in the back.

I may have to address this on my own.

If its a deep low frequency noise that hurts your ears it may be due to the cross supports on the roof have become unbonded.