In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hi all, this is my first ever truck. Came from a ’16 Cadillac CTS which gave me non-stop issues. Decided it was time to try something else. I replaced the CTS with a ’19 Sierra AT4 6.2 fully loaded not too long ago and really loving this truck. Almost too much tech. That 6.2 engine is easily excited 😁. Still getting used to driving and parking such a big vehicle having driven sedans all my life.

My biggest peeve so far is that I almost wrecked it during my first week. I hit a medium bump on the road going 35mph and lost control of the truck as it swerved violently into the left lane. Luckily for me, there was no vehicle in the left lane as I think I would have probably hit it. Really shook me for a while. Chalked it up to not being used to driving a truck. After reading this forum quite a bit, I’ve come to the realization it could be a problem with this generation of the Sierra/Silverado. I’m now extremely careful when I go over bumps because it feels like the truck is sliding. I’ll be monitoring that thread to see if a solution crops up.

Anyways, happy to join this community. Hope you are all nice 🙂.

sierra_1.jpg

Congrats. Nice truck. I have a 19 6.2 AT4 too. These trucks do seem to get a little loose on bumps. More so than previous gens. I’ve gotten fairly used to mine and i just know what to expect. Its not outside of the realm of what a truck should do in my opinion but just not as good as previous gens.  Good luck with it and enjoy it. 

Agree, very nice truck, truck_newbie! And welcome to the forum. 

MANY on here have had the same thing happen with the truck's ride over bumps at some level of speed. Myself included with my Z71 RST. 

Posted (edited)

Man, that a gorgeous GMC. Congratz!

I love my NorthSky Blue on my Silverado, but man oh man, does that dark red and black go good together!

Seriously, that's a gorgeous ride you have there.

Edited by MacLaren

Beautiful truck and welcome to this forum.  A pickup truck by the nature of its design will give you different handling characteristics than a sedan or other passenger only type vehicle.  They are designed to handle safely with a load that your sedans couldn't!  Take it slow until you get used to the differences and enjoy.  I've owned many pickups and sedans.  They each have their +'s and -'s but a pickup provides my overall favourite driving experience!

• Like 1

Man she’s a beauty. Congrats on the new ride. About the turning loose, I feel like I never really had that issue and the suspension feels better and better the more miles I put on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on a beautiful truck and welcome. You will find a lot of useful information here and a lot of complaining also. I try to ignore the BS and search for answers and advice that if useful. Lots of great members willing to share their knowledge. As Donstar said, take it easy until you are comfortable with the differences between sedans. It does happen from time to time with all of us. I must say I love my RST 😃

Thanks for the compliments all. Will definitely take it easy and enjoy it. I have noticed it's a lot smoother now as the miles pile up. 

BTW, the wheels are Fuel Blitz 20x9 if anyone was curious. 

17 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

Thanks for the compliments all. Will definitely take it easy and enjoy it. I have noticed it's a lot smoother now as the miles pile up. 

BTW, the wheels are Fuel Blitz 20x9 if anyone was curious. 

You did a great job on the wheels.

That style just goes really good with that Sierra.

Your truck will prolly get smoother and smoother too. I know mine is :)

Enjoy that Sierra.