2020 HD picture Thread

Pacific blue Denali. Was never found of all the chrome so I color matched the grille surround, hood nose and door handles. I swapped out the window trim and tow hook surround with black. So much better for me. Also cranked up the front a little and put on BFG 296 65 r20f880bbc6566b312112f23853493ddadc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Looks great!! I’m not a fan of chrome either and the High Country’s have just a tad more chrome than I prefer. I’d want to do something similar to what you did.

I think what you did is perfect, now it’s just the right amount for some good contrast.

Looks great!! I’m not a fan of chrome either and the High Country’s have just a tad more chrome than I prefer. I’d want to do something similar to what you did.

I think what you did is perfect, now it’s just the right amount for some good contrast.
Thank you. A little bit of work that I enjoy doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cpap said:

Pacific blue Denali. Was never fond of all the chrome, so I color matched the grille surround, hood nose and door handles. I swapped out the window trim and tow hook surround with black. So much better for me. Also cranked up the front a little and put on BFG 295 65 r20f880bbc6566b312112f23853493ddadc.jpg

How did you change the chrome on the mirrors?

How did you change the chrome on the mirrors?
Very easy actually. Start with the vertical one from the bottom. Just pry out from the corner. Pull down as there's a tab under the top section. Then do the same with the top horizonal piece. Make sure you use plastic pry tools. They go in the reverse order.

4 minutes ago, cpap said:

Very easy actually. Start with the vertical one from the bottom. Just pry out from the corner. Pull down as there's a tab under the top section. Then do the same with the top horizonal piece. Make sure you use plastic pry tools. They go in the reverse order.

Let me rephrase the question.  Where did you get the black plastic to replace the chrome?  For that matter where did you get all the black that you used to replace all the chrome Ie: door handles, grill, air intake surround, etc.

Edited by Sniperdan

I get it at my local dealer. Very competitive pricing. The handles were primed and I bought the whole at4 grill because the surround was black along with the hood nose. Chrome doesn't take paint well... I just swapped the at4 grille surround to the Denali grill. Need to sell the at4 grille now.

In that pic, the grille surround looks black but it's indeed color matched.

Did you just crank the keys to raise the front? And do the tires rub at all? Thanks
I cranked the key bolts 5 turns. Brought it up 1". So, theres less than 1" rake now. Before there was almost almost 2" of rake. The tires do not rub at all even when it wasn't lifted up in the front. For reference, these tires measure just over 35" and are just about 12" wide. I think any wider, they would rub at full lock.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, Maelek said:

What’s the bolt pattern on the 2020 GMC Sierra 2500?

i thought  I read in here it’s 8x180 but checked with a dealership and they said 8x165.1

ive got the stock 18” rims on my AT4

8x180 since 2011.  2010 and prior used to be 8X6.5".  

spacer.png

Just took delivery Saturday of my 3500 AT4. I was actually working on the Silverado, between a High Country in a color I didn't really want (brown) and a non-high country also in white, which oddly had a white interior roof panel which I really didn't like either. The dealer pulled some crap about my old truck, so I left, thought about it overnight, and went to the GMC dealer on Saturday morning for this truck. It had literally every option I was looking for (dual alternators, trailer tire monitoring, trailer wiring provisions, upfitter switches, sunroof, head-up,  of course the AT4!) so I worked for a while and got a good enough deal. The Denali would have been less, but I wanted the AT4, so I did it.

Color wise, both the blacks are fantastic, but we offroad a lot when we're not towing, and I thought it would never look clean. I had a vehicle in the early 80s that was near the same bluish color as the Grey Metallic, so I didn't want to repeat that. The dealer had a red one in stock, and I actually went to buy that one, but I liked the white better in person. The dark blue is fantastic and so is the medium grey, but I couldn't find either with the options I wanted near Denver. Plus I already have two other vehicles that are silver and dark silver, so I guess this one completes the fleet.

So far I just love it. So far meaning about 100 miles :)

I've got to get my camper installed this weekend, which means finding the Trailer Wiring Provisions under the bed, drilling a hole and mounting the socket. I also have to remove the tailgate, and I'm planning on retaining the cameras and the puddle light and moving them to the back of my camper. Bonus points if I can find a way to move the roof-mounted rear camera for the mirror and put it on my camper - if not I'll just buy the trailer camera and put it up there.

Backgrounder, I have had Chevy's all my life, and traded my 07.5 silverado 2500 LMM in for an F250 Superduty in the fall of 2017. Long story short, it was a really nice truck, but death by 1000 papercuts. Cooled seats coming on at 30 degrees outside sorta stuff. Horrible turbo lag... 

Anyway thanks for the forum I have some reading to do!

Edited by blamkin86
  • Like 3