2020 HD picture Thread

1 hour ago, bharris515 said:

Do they rub at all?

The very slightest of contact at full lock - only on the outer shoulder of the front tire against the liner; the rear clears with room to spare.  I expect I will be able to pin the liner back with a zip tie if I decide it needs to be addressed.

I don't know if I'll bother, it just barely, barely touches.  Hell, it may not be touching after the drive home and the suspension has had a chance to settle back to it's normal position.  I couldn't hear any rubbing while backing into my garage, which requires a full lock left turn as I approach, and a full lock right turn backing in.

Edited by cdh7917

10 hours ago, cdh7917 said:

The very slightest of contact at full lock - only on the outer shoulder of the front tire against the liner; the rear clears with room to spare.  I expect I will be able to pin the liner back with a zip tie if I decide it needs to be addressed.

I don't know if I'll bother, it just barely, barely touches.  Hell, it may not be touching after the drive home and the suspension has had a chance to settle back to it's normal position.  I couldn't hear any rubbing while backing into my garage, which requires a full lock left turn as I approach, and a full lock right turn backing in.

Looks awesome. I get confused with the wheel offset stuff. I want to keep stock rims and do these exact tires. What would be the difference in that and your setup? More of a chance of rubbing or no difference?? Thanks

stocks rims would have less chance to rub

i have fuel with +20 also and hate to hear they rub . i have the stock tires on now. going  in and out of farm fields would surely rub then i would guess.  

Edited by BB&Chiveon

3 hours ago, bharris515 said:

Looks awesome. I get confused with the wheel offset stuff. I want to keep stock rims and do these exact tires. What would be the difference in that and your setup? More of a chance of rubbing or no difference?? Thanks

Offset is the location of the mounted area of the rim.  0 offset would be dead center of the rim.  Positive offset moves the mounted area of the wheel towards the outside edge.  Negative offset moves the mounted area of the rim towards the inside edge.  Offset is measured in mm.  By mounted area, I'm referring the the part of the rim where the lug stud holes are drilled.

Factory wheels are +47 for our trucks.  The ones I put on are +20.  The difference being 27mm LESS positive offset, so it moves the wheel outwards 27mm, which is about 1".

With the stock wheels, you shouldn't have any rubbing.  @Powerhaulic is running 296/65/20 Michelin Defenders (I think) on stock wheels, with no rubbing.

2 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

stocks rims would have less chance to rub

i have fuel with +20 also and hate to hear they rub . i have the stock tires on now. going  in and out of farm fields would surely rub then i would guess.  

I just went and checked to see how much contact there is, now that it's daytime and I can actually see.

There is very slight contact with the liner at full lock.  It can easily be fixed by piercing two very small holes/slits, threading a black zip tie through, and then fastening it around the lower valance support rod.  There is enough flex in the liner to comfortably achieve the necessary clearance to not rub.

As the liner goes upwards, the amount of space grows between it and the tire.  Your concern about rubbing while in the fields is warranted, but you'd need to decide how much time you spend at full lock turns with a fully compressed front suspension.  It might be that it would be pretty infrequent to articulate that much while the wheel is fully turned.

As far as rubbing any other place in the steering movement, there is plenty of clearance to allow for articulation.

Also keep in mind, this is all on stock suspension.  If one wanted to, the keys could probably be adjusted 2-3 turns to remedy this issue, and not be extreme.  I did 5-6 turns on my 2018.  The ride wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't stock either.  With the additional height of the 2020, I've decided that I prefer not to raise the front.  Later today I'll give the liners the zip tie treatment.  I'm just glad there's no rubbing on the mudflap area.

Edited by cdh7917
  • Thanks 2

As a side note to this, I think the GMC might have a tad more room than the Chevy based on the comments I’ve read.  I have +20 XD rims 20” with 285/65/20 Nitto G2’s and they just barely touch at full lock in reverse.  On the GMC it sounds like the 295’s fit the same way the 285’s fit the Chevy.  My truck is stock so a slight raise of the front would help but I prefer to leave this one alone.  

I know I have posted this before, but because the last couple people have been talking about GMCs vs Chevys and +20 offset wheels I thought I'd post again. 

My tires are 35x12.5r18 BFG AT KO2s on Method NV HD 18x9 +18. No rub whatsoever at full lock in and out of my steep rough entrance into my farm fields over furrows and such. 

Yes I know its dirty!

IMG_5713.thumb.jpeg.742d36410a5d7612974b1553c9327eb7.jpeg

• Like 3

Had the truck detailed, paint decontaminated, buffed, polished and ceramic coated. A crew worked on it for 3 days. Paint is looking flawless!

d6536c141b43bb317bd23fb534758113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10