2020 HD picture Thread

3000mi on it now, 1300 towing our 17k 5er.
10spd tows like a champ, works very well loaded or not
9.9mpg towing
15ish city driving
17ish rural driving
19.5 running 75mph
finally had some time now that we're on vacation to personalize it.
window tint done
blacked out the chrome emblems
tinted the fender markers
And smile every time i get behind the wheel

2045889397_20191030_141920(2).thumb.jpg.ea6cc004b39f5f2f1ce55e28adcc37fb.jpg
Resized_20191008_130924.thumb.jpeg.6d9c70c378e5087f0f21148e8eddcce4.jpeg
20191030_141859(2).thumb.jpg.264b927bd71aa4b9b8a075b92dd37bfa.jpg

Is yours the 2500 or 3500? What’s the hitch weight of your rig? How’s it towing?

I’m considering selling my 35’ bumper pull TT and going to a 35-39’ 5er toy hauler (my TT is only a year old so may wait a year to get more use and justify the loss on it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cNate said:

Is yours the 2500 or 3500? What’s the hitch weight of your rig? How’s it towing?

I’m considering selling my 35’ bumper pull TT and going to a 35-39’ 5er toy hauler (my TT is only a year old so may wait a year to get more use and justify the loss on it).

Tows great, 10spd know exactly what gear to be in.

Pin weight between 2900-3200# depending how I have it loaded.

Truck is a 3500, i believe it rides better than our '18 Denali 2500 did

Thanks for sharing. My AT4 2500 rides better than my 2014 GMC Sierra; however, I had a 6” lift, tow spring and 35” Toyo RTs so it’s hard to compare when I messed with it so much!

I’ve got just over 3k payload. Looking at rigs around 2-2.5k pin weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated pics with new XD’s.  Truck is completely stock including the torsion bars.  Wheels are 20x9 +18.  Tires are Nitto G2’s 285/65/20.  Tried 295’s but they rubbed pretty good while turning.  The 285’s are a touch bigger than stock and just barely touch at full lock while reversing, hardly worth mentioning.

E5B1D884-9B25-437D-8373-C2BE9615CE9E.jpeg

962843B9-2FD1-448C-9E7D-D9B7DB6BADBF.jpeg

2B927157-D4EF-4D1B-A554-1CF0A984FADE.jpeg

Edited by CRApex
  • Like 4

Did any pre HD Silverado owners go for the GM or stay with the Silverado? I'm on the fence with this new Silverado front end. My trim level would be a High Country or a Denali if I bought GM.

I had a 2017 Silverado HD Z71 Midnight. I now have an AT4 HD. I have always owned a Chevy and feel kind of weird in a GMC.. but the Chevy front end left me on the fence. Some angles I loved it, some I didn’t. The GMC looks great from every angle and was the “safe” choice. I also figured it may do better with resale. But I am loving the chevys more and more every time I see them. And I knew that would happen. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my truck. The AT4 is one of the nicest packages I’ve seen in an HD.. but I wish it had a bowtie on it. Waiting for a Midnight/Trail Boss Silverado I guess..

Some new pictures of my 2500 AT4 HD, taken this evening.  The Dark Sky Metallic is such a beautiful color.

These are after a complete wash.  All Adam's Polishes products, and I can't say enough good things about their stuff.

Anyway, some subtle changes - full debadging (minus GMC badges), Red tow hooks powered black, Amp Research Powersteps, Retrax tonneau.

Nkdzcr1.jpg

K7598zG.jpg

yuzPEEa.jpg

LyvgndM.jpg

1yuDIPR.jpg

TrgsSR4.jpg

0qhRPyv.jpg

Edited by cdh7917
  • Like 9

Fresh detail on the truck and trailer. Did a 300+ mile trip yesterday with a 7k foot elevation gain. There’s a 10 mile stretch where 3k of that happens on a 6% grade. Truck stayed at 2k RPMs and 60 MPH (I didn’t notice any gear changing with the 10 speed). Transmission fluid only heated up a few degrees even with AC on. Night and day difference over my 1500. Trailer is just over 8k lbs.

20aeda726ab051fe210959d2329e83f3.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, cdh7917 said:

Some new pictures of my 2500 AT4 HD, taken this evening.  The Dark Sky Metallic is such a beautiful color.

These are after a complete wash.  All Adam's Polishes products, and I can't say enough good things about their stuff.

Anyway, some subtle changes - full debadging (minus GMC badges), Red tow hooks powered black, Amp Research Powersteps, Retrax tonneau.

Nkdzcr1.jpg

K7598zG.jpg

yuzPEEa.jpg

LyvgndM.jpg

1yuDIPR.jpg

TrgsSR4.jpg

0qhRPyv.jpg

I swear that it changes colors every day! some times it's grey, blue, black, even green.

I am glad I went with this color.

Where did you get the blacked out badges?

21 minutes ago, deluter said:

I swear that it changes colors every day! some times it's grey, blue, black, even green.

I am glad I went with this color.

Where did you get the blacked out badges?

My 2018 Dark Slate was the same way!  The Dark Sky is really awesome in the same way.

As for the badges, I searched eBay for the GMC part number and found them for about $130 I think.  The front's are super easy to put on, especially if you don't care about the old red ones.  Basically, using two flat blade screwdrivers, you pry out the red insert from the chrome trim.  The red part will break at the plastic welds, and once it's all removed, you can pop each tab off of the chrome frame by inserting it through the now-exposed front.  The new emblems just pop on in their place.

The rear are a little more challenging, but still easy.  I used dental floss to saw behind the emblems and then a heat gun or hair dryer to help loosen the remaining adhesive.  Ronsonol lighter fluid will remove all left behind residue. 

I used blue tape to mark the exact location of the top and bottom of the stock emblems.  Then I taped off the outside edges of the G and C.  Remove each of those, then tape each side of the M.  Then remove it, clean the area, and install the M first.  Remove the tape from each side of the M, then do the G and C. 

This picture shows it a little better:

f5ODs3V.jpg

Edited by cdh7917
  • Like 1

Nano Ceramic coating complete 
CD150523-2473-457A-8383-66117BE86AAA.thumb.jpeg.ae7cc7377ebdef1e21cbee90b0e89249.jpeg

How much did that cost you? I get mine back today. Had a guy go through and take all the defects out of the paint and ceramic coat it with crystal serum ultra. It was $350 more to use this crystal serum ultra over his own ceramic coating; however, he warranties the coating for 8 years. They’ve spent 3 days working on the truck for $1400.