2020 HD picture Thread

Traded in my 2019 Z71 LTZ 5.3 for this!  My 1500 really wasn't too happy towing my 8000# loaded 37' camper, lol.

7uhM6Sz.jpg

cSSjmUz.jpg

This is my

2020 2500HD LTZ Z71 Gasser.  Love it!

aZPHCqs.jpg
LVv7KYj.jpg
LA9LSvN.jpg

Edited by Limelight
  • Like 6

Traded in my 2019 Z71 LTZ 5.3 for this!  My 1500 really wasn't too happy towing my 8000# loaded 37' camper, lol.

7uhM6Sz.jpg
cSSjmUz.jpg

This is my
2020 2500HD LTZ Z71 Gasser.  Love it!

aZPHCqs.jpg
LVv7KYj.jpg
LA9LSvN.jpg

Well that should pull it a little better, but just a little [emoji6] haha i bet it’s night and day difference!
  • Thanks 1

I did the same as limelight. I bought a 2019 Sierra 1500 and was pulling a 33" travel trailer weighing about 7500lbs. The half ton wasn't handling well with that size trailer so i bought a 2500. My first HD...what a difference!b4cb92b955f91dca8d6d920c31290218.jpgbc7d23b12ee4d3ab19e0d5f896316be3.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bowtie2007 said:

I did the same as limelight. I bought a 2019 Sierra 1500 and was pulling a 33" travel trailer weighing about 7500lbs. The half ton wasn't handling well with that size trailer so i bought a 2500. My first HD...what a difference!b4cb92b955f91dca8d6d920c31290218.jpgbc7d23b12ee4d3ab19e0d5f896316be3.jpg

Very nice!

What did you notice most/ biggest difference?  I haven’t had a chance to tow my camper with my 2500 yet...

The most notable difference is overall ride and handling. With the soft suspension of the 1500, the truck felt floaty and i was gripping the steering wheel with both hands a lot of the time. Cross winds would constantly push and pull the truck around. The second biggest difference is the gas tank. 24 gallons at 8 to 9mpg does not get you very far. With 36 gallons, i feel like i drive forever. I was also maxed out on tongue weight, payload and RGAWR.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bowtie2007 said:

The most notable difference is overall ride and handling. With the soft suspension of the 1500, the truck felt floaty and i was gripping the steering wheel with both hands a lot of the time. Cross winds would constantly push and pull the truck around. The second biggest difference is the gas tank. 24 gallons at 8 to 9mpg does not get you very far. With 36 gallons, i feel like i drive forever. I was also maxed out on tongue weight, payload and RGAWR.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's EXACTLY what I was hoping you would say- your experience mimics mine very closely.  I also felt a need for more power while merging and heading up grades.  Thanks for the reply, I can't wait for a test tow- hopefully next week!

On 11/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, cdh7917 said:

Some new pictures of my 2500 AT4 HD, taken this evening.  The Dark Sky Metallic is such a beautiful color.

These are after a complete wash.  All Adam's Polishes products, and I can't say enough good things about their stuff.

Anyway, some subtle changes - full debadging (minus GMC badges), Red tow hooks powered black, Amp Research Powersteps, Retrax tonneau.

Nkdzcr1.jpg

Hi @cdh7917 - I see you have the color matched wheel arch moldings.  When you ordered that truck, did you have to order the mud flaps separately?  On my build, I was not able to order the mud flaps separately, so wondering if the black mudflaps are part of the color match molding order code.

Also - how did you black out the marker lights in the moldings?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

Hi @cdh7917 - I see you have the color matched wheel arch moldings.  When you ordered that truck, did you have to order the mud flaps separately?  On my build, I was not able to order the mud flaps separately, so wondering if the black mudflaps are part of the color match molding order code.

Also - how did you black out the marker lights in the moldings?

Thanks.

I bought the GMC mudflaps from a GMC dealers on eBay, separately of the purchase of the truck.  I also bought my painted fender flares from a local Chevy dealer that I had already been ordering some other parts for me.  The front mudflap for the rear wheel also fits without any issue.

There is no problem using the GMC mudflaps with the painted flares.  The painted flares are an exact match in terms of mounting/fitment to the stock black flares.

The lights - I tinted with the below product from Amazon.  It's easy to work with, especially since you'll have the lights off with the old flares and can work on them off the truck.  You'll want to use a hair dryer too, as it helps the product stretch to form.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQRQ996/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by cdh7917

16 minutes ago, cdh7917 said:

I bought the GMC mudflaps from a GMC dealers on eBay, separately of the purchase of the truck.  I also bought my painted fender flares from a local Chevy dealer that I had already been ordering some other parts for me.  The front mudflap for the rear wheel also fits without any issue.

There is no problem using the GMC mudflaps with the painted flares.  The painted flares are an exact match in terms of mounting/fitment to the stock black flares.

The lights - I tinted with the below product from Amazon.  It's easy to work with, especially since you'll have the lights off with the old flares and can work on them off the truck.  You'll want to use a hair dryer too, as it helps the product stretch to form.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQRQ996/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks @cdh7917 - appreciate the response.

I put the painted flares on my factory order, so unfortunately I won't be able to get at the lights.  I still find it odd that they won't let you order the mud flaps when doing a factory order with painted flares.  I am glad to see that they can be added after though.

Thanks for your help.