2020 HD picture Thread

Finally got my dually on 2/3/2020 - ordered way back in August, got caught up in the strike, then changed 2 items on my order in November...Carbon black which is actually nearly the same as my 2015's Iridium was.  Only mod is the Retrax cover.

IMG_6604.jpeg

IMG_6605.jpeg

• Like 8

On 12/13/2019 at 9:45 AM, cdh7917 said:

Offset is the location of the mounted area of the rim.  0 offset would be dead center of the rim.  Positive offset moves the mounted area of the wheel towards the outside edge.  Negative offset moves the mounted area of the rim towards the inside edge.  Offset is measured in mm.  By mounted area, I'm referring the the part of the rim where the lug stud holes are drilled.

Factory wheels are +47 for our trucks.  The ones I put on are +20.  The difference being 27mm LESS positive offset, so it moves the wheel outwards 27mm, which is about 1".

With the stock wheels, you shouldn't have any rubbing.  @Powerhaulic is running 296/65/20 Michelin Defenders (I think) on stock wheels, with no rubbing.

I just went and checked to see how much contact there is, now that it's daytime and I can actually see.

There is very slight contact with the liner at full lock.  It can easily be fixed by piercing two very small holes/slits, threading a black zip tie through, and then fastening it around the lower valance support rod.  There is enough flex in the liner to comfortably achieve the necessary clearance to not rub.

As the liner goes upwards, the amount of space grows between it and the tire.  Your concern about rubbing while in the fields is warranted, but you'd need to decide how much time you spend at full lock turns with a fully compressed front suspension.  It might be that it would be pretty infrequent to articulate that much while the wheel is fully turned.

As far as rubbing any other place in the steering movement, there is plenty of clearance to allow for articulation.

Also keep in mind, this is all on stock suspension.  If one wanted to, the keys could probably be adjusted 2-3 turns to remedy this issue, and not be extreme.  I did 5-6 turns on my 2018.  The ride wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't stock either.  With the additional height of the 2020, I've decided that I prefer not to raise the front.  Later today I'll give the liners the zip tie treatment.  I'm just glad there's no rubbing on the mudflap area.

Wouldn’t +47 stock rims be pulling the tire closer in towards the center of the vehicle than a rim that is only +20? Meaning more likely to rub with a wider and taller tire than your +20 rims?

i have the stock 18” rims on my 2500 gmc AT4 and was wondering how wide and tall of a tire I could go with. 

Wouldn’t +47 stock rims be pulling the tire closer in towards the center of the vehicle than a rim that is only +20? Meaning more likely to rub with a wider and taller tire than your +20 rims?

i have the stock 18” rims on my 2500 gmc AT4 and was wondering how wide and tall of a tire I could go with. 

Yes, a +47 will bring the wheel/tire in towards the center of the vehicle. But you tend to get into rubbing issues with lower/negative offsets because it pushes the wheel outward.

Think of your driver side front tire. Crank the wheel all the way to the right. Look at your tire clearance, now imagine that tire getting pushed out towards the inner fender an inch or two. This is why the lower offsets rub.

However, you can’t just look at offset, you have to think about the width of a wheel. A 0 offset isn’t the same as a different 0 offset wheel of widths are different.

0 offset on an 8” wide wheel, 4” to either side.

0 offset on a 10” wide wheel, now it’s 5” on either side.

So same offset but the wider wheel has it’s outside edge effectively “pushed out”.

Then there is backspacing. Another number to help with inner clearance. It all plays in together. [emoji2]

Btw, diameter of the wheel doesn’t mean much, you’ll want to be looking at the diameter of the tire.

1 hour ago, mkeddie said:

Wtf 5 months that's a long wait

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

BMW only makes ONE thing: “The Ultimate Driving Machine”!

GMC only makes ONE thing: “Denali Diesels”!

Lowly SLE-Trim Level, Long Box, L8T Gas Engine Trucks are definitely at the BOTTOM of GMC’s Priority List!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, IdoMRI said:

Was getting late sun was about to set so had to drive top of my road to get out of shadow of house, so sun shinning straight into grill. Overall very happy how it turned out. The dealer also installed my up fitter switches for free.

Lucky on the switches, I ended up having to do mine myself as my dealer didnt feel confident in his mechanics abilities. I understand good help is hard to find but REALLY!?!?!

Pacific blue Denali. Was never fond of all the chrome, so I color matched the grille surround, hood nose and door handles. I swapped out the window trim and tow hook surround with black. So much better for me. Also cranked up the front a little and put on BFG 295 65 r20f880bbc6566b312112f23853493ddadc.jpg

• Like 7