Has anyone tried or researched upgrading the factory backup camera? My camera is very blurry in my 2014 Sierra SLT and am looking to improve the quality. I’ve seen cleaning the lens on the current camera so I’ll try that but I’m not ruling out a replacement camera if there is a higher resolution option on the market. Before anyone asks, yes I cleaned the dust and dirt off.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, TheGreatOne said:

Is the quality that much better?

I personally don't see that much difference in the two screen shots, at least not a couple hundred bucks worth.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, Booger T said:

I personally don't see that much difference in the two screen shots, at least not a couple hundred bucks worth.

Are you kidding?  Look at the water droplets on the bumper vs the stock camera where you can't even tell it's wet. 

• Like 1

If you download the the two pics the details other then the bumper are: the brown rocks below the bumper, clarity of the road and the rear wheel of the Tahoe. I got the idea from members on this site. It'll for sure be an upgrade I do. Surprised anyone who got this hasn't spoken up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Justin14Sierra said:

I installed this a couple weeks ago. Here are my results. I feel they’re better than what the website shows. My OEM camera had a lot of scratching. The field of view is slightly better with the new camera which I like a lot. Also the low light picture is great.

Before
d9efc7add7562607647029160111f8a0.jpg
After
f6d009793ebb51b65ffef0122549206e.jpg
Before
5f3f5b3835b87f790da1e51a9d0678f2.jpg
After
0f9022dfcd632969c8488cb85c1b9a80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which camera did you get? I want to keep the oem park assist lines like you did.