Truck cap opinions - Leer, Swiss, A.R.E, others?

bud_d

I've searched through this forum, and have not found a thread that answers my question. Looking for opinions based on experience for a truck cap purchase.

My new truck is a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 WT, regular cap, 8 foot bed. I need a cap, and cannot find a dealer around here that has any stock to look at. Just brochures. I had a Leer on my 1996 truck that served me well for 16.5 years. I am leaning towards Leer. There is a coupon on their website that is good until March 4th for up to $100 off.

Local dealer sells Swiss. Looks okay, but only have the brochure. I used to have an A.R.E. in the early 90's. it was fine but not as nice as the Leer I mention above. My brother has a Ranch brand cap that is great, but no local dealers for those as well.

Opinions on what has served you well are appreciated.

Thanks - Doug

I'm real partial to SnugTop. The look good and have outstanding quality. My stepdad had a cap on his ZR2 and I had one of their fiberglass tonneau covers on my Sierra

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I'm real partial to SnugTop. The look good and have outstanding quality. My stepdad had a cap on his ZR2 and I had one of their fiberglass tonneau covers on my Sierra

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thanks I checked out their website just now. Closest dealer to me is 450 miles away. But I did see they have a coupon similar to the Leer coupon right now.

Doug

I have a color matched leer 8' cap. three quarter solid glass and 1/4 hinged opener. Tinted the glass.

The Fiberglass is a good 3/8 plus thick in all the support areas. Solid Rear glass with one opener in the middle.

Lock has never let me down, just freezes once in a while, so i warm up the key with the lighter.

I really like the leer cap. My Brothers A.R.E cap the glass broke and they said it is obsolete so he cannot replace his glass door.

I tried the scrappers but to no avail.

If you have a cap for over 10 years, the rear glass door may be hard to replace......

We have dealers with the caps in stock, but color matched take 1 week to order in.( Ontario)

Scooby.. My cap was 1400.00 color matched and installled with interior light and tinted glass on sides.

I have a Century on my 2012 Denali, the Nouveau, carpeted interior, automatic on/off light with door opening, top of the line rear door, all glass and concealed lock which did not freeze up this winter.

I was interested in a Leer but the closest dealer was 75 miles away and would not return my phone calls. Caps were sideline business for them it would seem.

I got the same $100 discount from Century.

Archived