New lot of 2014 Silverado information/press releases from Chevrolet

GM/Chevrolet sent out a handful of new press releases on May 5th about the 2014 Silverado. I wanted to consolidate each of the releases for anyone to research/read at their leisure. It's a lot of repetitive information but informative none-the-less! :cool:

Our coverage: Long Rumored 2014 Silverado High Country Officially Debuts

GM Press Releases

Enjoy, this is a lot to read. Includes V6 specifications, safety features, infotainment system information, design theory, and more. :cheers:

Make sure to check out my Live First Drive post, starting Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 (tomorrow).

The Texas edition has always been a meaningless fluff package though. I don't think it was ever intended to compete with high trim stuff from Ford or Ram. It is just a way for GM to exploit the fact that a lot of Texans are very, very proud that they're Texans.

If the back seat doesn't have at least as much leg room as the Ford, then they can keep them. My pals Toyota ext cab has as much leg room as my POS.

The 6.2 that they are keeping so secret must be either really awesome, or they are still working bugs out. The 5.3 numbers are weak, expected more GM.

If the back seat doesn't have at least as much leg room as the Ford, then they can keep them. My pals Toyota ext cab has as much leg room as my POS.

The 6.2 that they are keeping so secret must be either really awesome, or they are still working bugs out. The 5.3 numbers are weak, expected more GM.

380 HP/417 tq on E85 is weak? I'm with you on cab space though. No use for running boards personally.

Mike, I just saw where you posted those numbers.

1. Are they accurate?

2. Kinda sucks not many places even carry the fuel(here), if so.

3. Why the hell isnt GM using those numbers instead of the 355 they have been using(I know...on 87)

Mike, Also, if you ever get the opportunity to try the Amp Research steps they will hook you. I have them. Love the look of no steps, but like the extra help. But Im only 5'10''.

They're straight from GM and SAE certified to boot:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/silverado/2014.tab1.html

As for why GM doesn't use those figures, I'd have to imagine it is because no one else quotes E85 power numbers. Don't know if its some guideline or just an unwritten rule.

As for the running boards, I've never had a need for them on a stock height 1500. I'm a little over 6' tall and young enough that my back/knees all still work properly. :lol: I don't have kids and can probably count on one hand the number of times I've had a passenger since moving so if I don't need it, the truck doesn't need it. Haha

I think you should trade your POS for a toyota. They have a new model called the troll, I mean Tundra, you'll enjoy it.

Curious of what the fuel economy is on E85.

Likely the same as on the current trucks. My average drops from 16-17 mpg mixed to 10-12 mpg mixed driving.

Curious of what the fuel economy is on E85.

As the E85 has a lower energy content, the fuel mileage will be lower. That is probably why GM quoted the regular fuel numbers.

The fact that the engine has that option means they left alot of room in the factory tune itself for the engine to make some big output.

Archived