The two times we've noticed it being worse after getting it back from the dealership were AFTER rotating the tires. It's going in for its final repair attempt with an engineer on the 16th, if we get it back and it's "fixed", my husband is taking it to get the tires rotated to make sure it really is fixed! Haha!

I finally got a chance to test it out after the re-balance and rotation and I am Happy to report that it is much, much better... It was so bad that it may still have some vibe but it feels like nothing to me now... I am headed on a couple hundred mile trip in a week and should get a better idea of where I am at... I will keep an eye on it and keep you all posted...

Keep the Faith

Keep your service records and get rid of it if you can. Why should we even have to have almost 400 pages of dialogue to convince gm there's a problem. Eventually they'll be sued for this...everyone here has had the same recourse and no resolution. I will get my money back one way or another for having to get rid of my truck. I'm enjoying my toyota but I bought Silverado because that's what I wanted. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

We're going in for our final repair attempt (after 8 total visits for 4 different issues) with a GM engineer on the 16th. After that we'll let the FL lemon law take over.

Well, could be. If the whole issue is vibration causing a resonant response of the entire frame/body/interior system, then changing the stiffness of something in that system will affect the natural frequency and/or damping. In the case of rubber suspension and cab mounts, both stiffness and damping would be reduced when the rubber gets hot. This would have a big effect on the total system response. Same for tires - hot rubber is softer!

You know, I pointed out on the SUV forum that GM has advertised that they have gone to new style "shear type" body mounts. The rubber is secured laterally to reduce horizontal body movement, in an attempt to give these full size trucks a more firm, "sports car" -like ride. I still wonder how much of and effect it is having on all the vibration (and noise for the SUV's) issues we are seeing.

Anyone else seeing different characteristics in the hot weather?

We're in FL and it's getting to be in the 90s and the vibration is horrible, although it has been since the beginning!

Are you guys who have gone to the Michelin's for a smoother ride running the Tweel? Seems like the only tire that might actually help ?

Today I was told by a GM District Manager of aftersales that he has "fixed them all" and the vibrations are "within spec" and at least i dont have to use my 2 feet to get around.

But yet his only solution is more tires, we are up to 13 tires on this truck so far, I dont think that is the issue, and its obvious hes done trying.

Edited by medicconnor
  • Like 1

We're going in for our final repair attempt (after 8 total visits for 4 different issues) with a GM engineer on the 16th. After that we'll let the FL lemon law take over.

I am talking with a lemon law layer tomorrow how is your case going? I'm in north fl.

Edited by medicconnor

It's really sad the way Chevrolet has handled this issue. One thing I have always praised Chevy on is their quality control; but lately I'd say they are worse than just about any other mfg when it comes to problems and resolutions.

How many future Chevrolet customers are they costing themselves with this debacle. After leaving the Ram family to try out a Chevy again, I can say I will never go back. Not only are they well behind the curve when it comes to hp, transmissions, and interior features; they are just pushing crap out of the factory with no regards to the consumer.

Mine will be going back in again. I've balanced the tires twice, swapped wheels off another Chevy in my inventory, and balanced the drive shaft. All to no avail. Mine is so bad it actually starts vibrating at around 30 which rules out tires. The other odd thing is it shakes during low speed braking. When pulling up to a stop sign it feels like I'm driving over a cattle guard. When pulling a trailer the vibes increase 10 fold.

My service manager thinks it might be a yoke issue as they had similar issues with Chevy trucks about 10 years ago. We are going to throw that at it and after that I will be on the phone with Chevy having a discussion about them "re-acquiring" this wonderful piece of machinery.

I am talking with a lemon law layer tomorrow how is your case going? I'm in north fl.

So far we haven't gotten a lawyer involved yet, I have his number very handy though! I'll update as soon as we get any info after dropping it off on Thursday. Make sure you send in the defect notice that's in the back of your lemon law book to notify them it will be their final repair attempt if you bring it in again. I also have a few videos from this last month documenting the vibrations if we go the lemon law route those will come in handy. Our service manager and advisor are also very much on our side which also helps a lot.

Alter Ego Trip... That sounds like my truck. I don't notice vibes when braking though. Slip yoke was going to be my next undertaking. Mine seems to have a lot of rotational slop in it. I don't know how much is allowed though. My dealer told me the vibes were normal, so now I'm doing this on my own. Let us know what you find out about your yoke.

Alter Ego Trip... That sounds like my truck. I don't notice vibes when braking though. Slip yoke was going to be my next undertaking. Mine seems to have a lot of rotational slop in it. I don't know how much is allowed though. My dealer told me the vibes were normal, so now I'm doing this on my own. Let us know what you find out about your yoke.

I'll keep you updated. I will take it in next week and get that done. The driveshaft on mine was out a balance quite a bit but balancing had zero effect on the vibration. It's also strange that mine is much worse when it's cold, then when it's hot out. That's the toughest thing about chasing this gremlin; it doesn't follow any pattern of consistency.

My service writer thought I was blowing things out of proportion till I had him drive it. He was blown away how noticeable and obnoxious it is. The other thing I'm noticing is an audible resonance from the vibration. My tech thought it was coming from the rear cab vents, so he blocked them off, with no change.

I really wanted to like Chevrolet, after owning them for years prior to switching over to Ram. My last one was an 07 and it was a great truck. Zero issues or complaints. Seems like those days are gone. I mean come on Chevy; if you are going to build a truck that is miles behind your competitors; at least build one that's reliable.

I'll keep you updated. I will take it in next week and get that done. The driveshaft on mine was out a balance quite a bit but balancing had zero effect on the vibration. It's also strange that mine is much worse when it's cold, then when it's hot out. That's the toughest thing about chasing this gremlin; it doesn't follow any pattern of consistency.

My service writer thought I was blowing things out of proportion till I had him drive it. He was blown away how noticeable and obnoxious it is. The other thing I'm noticing is an audible resonance from the vibration. My tech thought it was coming from the rear cab vents, so he blocked them off, with no change.

I really wanted to like Chevrolet, after owning them for years prior to switching over to Ram. My last one was an 07 and it was a great truck. Zero issues or complaints. Seems like those days are gone. I mean come on Chevy; if you are going to build a truck that is miles behind your competitors; at least build one that's reliable.

I think the yukons and subrubans have the same drone noise, if I remember right it was caused by the roof liner.

Well it looks like I'm regretting buying my 2015 Silverado two weeks ago, I just joined this forum today and lucky me, I have all the same issues everyone else does.

My other two posts are in the radio reception area. I used to install home theater, and own some of the best speakers in the world, and they are trying to tell me that the radio in the truck has nothing wrong with it... yea right. :banghead:

The thing I have noticed with the shaking is that it is on the cylinder deactivation, and it is far more prominent at highway speed than local "around town" driving. has anyone else noticed this or do you all have it all the time? and does it get worse as time goes on? My truck came straight off the show room floor, so I didn't actually drive the one I bought, I have driven and been in so many others with none have been anywhere near as bad as mine has turned out to be.

I would have said excessive road force in the tires could have been an issue, but for this many people, thats not going to be it. looks like I may be getting rid of my brand new truck and going back to the blue oval or the shiny animal... very disappointed with this truck, atleast I got a crazy deal and will actually make money trading it in. :crackup:

I used to install home theater, and own some of the best speakers in the world, and they are trying to tell me that the radio in the truck has nothing wrong with it... yea right. :banghead:

I'm a huge HT nut. What speakers are you running?

The thing I have noticed with the shaking is that it is on the cylinder deactivation, and it is far more prominent at highway speed than local "around town" driving. has anyone else noticed this or do you all have it all the time? and does it get worse as time goes on? My truck came straight off the show room floor, so I didn't actually drive the one I bought, I have driven and been in so many others with none have been anywhere near as bad as mine has turned out to be.

That's a completely different animal. We've had a couple trucks that have suffered extreme vibrations due to cylinder deactivation. Most of the issues you are reading here aren't from that, mine included.

very disappointed with this truck, atleast I got a crazy deal and will actually make money trading it in. :crackup:

Good luck with that. ;)

I'm a huge HT nut. What speakers are you running?

hey alter ego trip,

nice to hear from a fellow HT nut, I actually have 3 set-ups, Im only 24 so most of my stuff in newer, I just upgraded my two subs and I love them.

Sunroom:

Pioneer Elite SC-87

KEF R700 Fronts

KEF R800 dipole surrounds

KEF R600 center

SVS PC-12 Plus subwoofer

Basement Family Room;

Anthem MRX 310

Paradigm Prestige 75F Fronts

Paradigm Millenia ADP surrounds

Paradigm Prestige 55 Center

SVS PC-12 Plus subwoofer

Outdoor Patio:

Old NAD T773 receiver

(2) Niles RS6SI Pro

Im considering adding 3 OS6.5 SI speakers, an inground sub, and an outdoor screen with a projector to make my outdoor audio system a full HT system

of course I ran 14/4 and 14/2 cable and done as much bi-wiring as I can

That's a completely different animal. We've had a couple trucks that have suffered extreme vibrations due to cylinder deactivation. Most of the issues you are reading here aren't from that, mine included.

Sorry about that, I was referred to this thread from a different one. My trucks vibration is mostly on the cylinder deactivation and very noticeable at highway speed. have you heard of any fixes for it in your time here? I otherwise love the truck, except for the radio which I'm going to try to get GM to put something else in if I can get the vibration fixed... which seems unlikely now.

very disappointed with this truck, atleast I got a crazy deal and will actually make money trading it in. :crackup:

Good luck with that. ;)

as for making money trading the truck in, the dealer I bought it from made a mistake in the listing, its a $56,500 with all the options and accessories that they put on it, but they had it listed for $37,500 and they legally had to honor the price so thats what I got it for. They accidentally doubled the incentives in the listing, and left out one that I qualified for, and added about 8500 in options and accessories that they forgot to add to the price.