What have you done to your K2 today?

20 minutes ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

How much did it lower the back and do you have magneride? Was just curious...any pics of results and job to remove the block.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nope, just the regular GM suspension.  Before the air tools I made some mistakes on jack placement and one side ended up costing me about two hours with hand tools and apologizing to a neighbor when my wheel went on an adventure.

After the air wrench and knowing where to put the jack stands and floor jack, the passenger side took less than twenty minutes.  Embarrassingly faster.  I do have drop shackles on too so it dropped it about dead even.

As for pictures, you might want to take a swim through the leveling kits thread that's stickied.  Lots of pics and info in there.    This post has pics with the drop shackles on and blocks removed.

Edited by boombalatty
Forgot the link. DUR

3 hours ago, ducklawyer said:

Transmission drop and fill at the dealer this week. Today I did the transfer case fluid. Front and rear diff’s next weekend. Amazed at the shavings 8346fde14674a43f088ef6c5c575c7c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's a lot of shavings!  Is that normal?

I’ve heard it’s perfectly normal for first fluid change but should be less the next go round. I just hit 60k so this is a first for all drivetrain

Mine looked like that at 10k, has barely had a fuzz on it since...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

4 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Mine looked like that at 10k, has barely had a fuzz on it since...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

i changed mine around 35k mine looked similar also did the rear diff at the same time. it was pretty gross aswell cleaned it up really good before i replaced seal (which was a pain to find) preventative maintenance for the win!

i changed mine around 35k mine looked similar also did the rear diff at the same time. it was pretty gross aswell cleaned it up really good before i replaced seal (which was a pain to find) preventative maintenance for the win!

Did you put anything around the housing before placing the seal back on?