2014 Sierra Silverado CREW CAB - USA ASSEMBLY

You won't be able to specify where the truck is built and I expect it will drive just like a Mexican built truck. Same parts, good or bad.

I am not sure why the Mexico built trucks are getting a bad name? My Mexico built Crew cab has been a dream to own so far. I have only ever had one issue and it is the dreaded seat movement. Put some clamps on and good as new. I am coming up on 7,000 enjoyable miles runs like a raped Ape rides as smooth as a sheet of glass and ZERO recalls on my VIN so far. If I got a new one tomorrow I would want it to be one built in Mexico.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure why the Mexico built trucks are getting a bad name? My Mexico built Crew cab has been a dream to own so far. I have only ever had one issue and it is the dreaded seat movement. Put some clamps on and good as new. I am coming up on 7,000 enjoyable miles runs like a raped Ape rides as smooth as a sheet of glass and ZERO recalls on my VIN so far. If I got a new one tomorrow I would want it to be one built in Mexico.

Where did you read that the Mexico built trucks were getting a bad name? I would much rather have my truck say built in the US if I had the choice. I don't remember reading anywhere about trucks assembled in Mexico being any worse or better then the ones built other places.

Where did you read that the Mexico built trucks were getting a bad name? I would much rather have my truck say built in the US if I had the choice. I don't remember reading anywhere about trucks assembled in Mexico being any worse or better then the ones built other places.

Some people associate Mexico with cheap, lazy labor.....so they assume their truck was built by a cheap, lazy Mexican. So they think that is the reason they have problems with their truck, just trying to stereotype. The fact is, there are people with double cab trucks, built in Indiana, that have issues with their truck. I dont think the issues stem from the assembly plants. They stem from the facilities that manufacture the parts to be assembled.

I didn't. I am trying to figure out a pattern for vibration. Every crew cab that I have seen has been assembled in Mexico because that is where almost all the crew cabs are assembled. I'm looking for someone with an flint assembled cc with vibration and can't find one. I'd also like to drive a flint cc if I can to see for myself if it drives different. I never said nor do I assume that Mexico = cheap. It probably a newer plant than flint. As soon as I can find a cc that doesn't vibrate I'm going to trade in my truck for that one.

After reading all of these threads since August 2013, my conclusion is that GM's oversight of their providers including quality controls is sorely lacking. With all of the drammatic changes there were for 2014, the holes in the process would be amplified. Otherwise, why would there be so many "running changes" ? IMO, it is to cover up mistakes or poor workmsnship/manufacturing of the components.

I gave up trying to figure out any pattern...

I didn't. I am trying to figure out a pattern for vibration. Every crew cab that I have seen has been assembled in Mexico because that is where almost all the crew cabs are assembled. I'm looking for someone with an flint assembled cc with vibration and can't find one. I'd also like to drive a flint cc if I can to see for myself if it drives different. I never said nor do I assume that Mexico = cheap. It probably a newer plant than flint. As soon as I can find a cc that doesn't vibrate I'm going to trade in my truck for that one.

I didnt ask you, the question was for Ltz73. Thats why I quoted his post.

I'd rather a Mexican built truck than a UAW built truck.

Just felt like the general consensus was that the Mexico trucks were inferior. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just wanted to point out what a dream my Mexico built truck has been. I guess in the end it has already been said, there is no pattern each plant puts out good ones and bad ones.

It's all the same parts to the same specs. There shouldn't be any differences.

The difference is humans, the day of the week, and quality of work performed to those specs.

I gave up trying to figure out any pattern...

Same here. The only pattern I've found so far is that every GM truck I've ever owned has had issues I consider unacceptable. This is not the GM of my daddy's younger days.

Archived