2014 Sierra Silverado CREW CAB - USA ASSEMBLY

I am looking for those who has a USA assembled 2014 Crew Cab Sierra or Silverado. I want to know if you have vibration issues at highway speeds with your truck.

I am starting this tread because I have a 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab that has a vibration problem. I have been following the vibration thread and can't seem to identify any pattern that is causing the vibration. My dealer has been helpful but is not able to fix the vibration. Like most crew cabs, mine was assembled in Mexico. My build date is November 2013. It is well known that GM had a supply issue with real axles in October 2013. I am wondering if anyone out there owns a crew cab that was assembled in the USA? If so, I believe your VIN will start with a '1'. The VIN on my mexico assembled crew cab starts with a '3'.

Thanks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think any crew cabs were assembled in the states.

Not in the beginning per say...throughout the rest of production from say early 2014 and on, there are American crew cab trucks. VINs start with a 1 vs 3 and for the model year and plant ID in the VIN, are EF instead of EG, G for Mexico and F for Flint. We have 34 Flint built crew cabs on the lot at the moment, between both stores.

Wouldn't these axles they were having problems with also be on the double cab trucks? I don't see them having 2 different axles for these trucks. I could be wrong though. I don't have the vibration (knocks on wood) but I have seen the most people with it have the Goodyear tires.

Only HD crew cabs are US built. All half-ton crew cabs are built in Mexico.

That's what I was thinking as well. I didn't think Flint was set up for 1/2 ton. Hasn't been for some while now?

That's what I was thinking as well. I didn't think Flint was set up for 1/2 ton. Hasn't been for some while now?

My Son has a 2012 1500 Silverado Crew Cab assembled in Flint.

I know the HD's are assembled in Flint, but I read somewhere that they might be doing some short runs of the 1500 Crews. ??? maybe that is what newdude is referring to?

Not in the beginning per say...throughout the rest of production from say early 2014 and on, there are American crew cab trucks. VINs start with a 1 vs 3 and for the model year and plant ID in the VIN, are EF instead of EG, G for Mexico and F for Flint. We have 34 Flint built crew cabs on the lot at the moment, between both stores.

If they are 1500's how do I get one, that doesn't have shakes, vibrations, goofy shifting, delayed throttle response, loss of power, front brakes that drag, a defect in the chrome front bumper, water leaking in the cab, crappy factory tires, very hard to balance wheels, bad FM radio reception, outdated processor with slow response touchscreen, loose drivers seat, has an air condition switch without a mind of its own, smoke on startup, etc.........

Edit: oh, I forgot the dreaded undercoat falling/flaking off.

Only HD crew cabs are US built. All half-ton crew cabs are built in Mexico.

My Son has a 2012 1500 Silverado Crew Cab assembled in Flint.

I know the HD's are assembled in Flint, but I read somewhere that they might be doing some short runs of the 1500 Crews. ??? maybe that is what newdude is referring to?

Think of it as a 4th shift. If they run 3 at Silao, and seeing that crews are the popular truck this time around (vs double) thats where the overcapacity capability of Flint comes in.

Prior to our latest batch of crew cabs that came in, There were atleast 3-5 prior to that.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/company_info/facilities/assembly/flint.html

Flint has been set up to do 1/2 ton crews since the GMT-900 trucks as well. Seen a few of them roll in the door before.

Prior to our latest batch of crew cabs that came in, There were atleast 3-5 prior to that.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/company_info/facilities/assembly/flint.html

Flint has been set up to do 1/2 ton crews since the GMT-900 trucks as well. Seen a few of them roll in the door before.

All joking aside, I am curious if a person could order a CrewCab and specify that they want it assembled in the US?

Where are these Flint built crew cabs? I'd love to drive one! Are you aware of any vibration issues on a flint crew cab?

Where are these Flint built crew cabs? I'd love to drive one! Are you aware of any vibration issues on a flint crew cab?

Honestly, we've sold a good amount of trucks, so far no vibration issues. Double and crew are our top movers. I think only two we've sold so far were Flint built.

Archived