Hyundai may replace GM as NFL sponsor

Gorehamj

Butler colorado rear.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
6/23/2015

"You see him on TV any given Sunday, when the Superbowl ends he drives off in a Hyundai." Prescient words Mr. West. Indeed if Hyundai takes over sponsorship of the NFL as Bloomberg Business is predicting, it may be a Santa Fe or Genesis that the Superbowl MVP drives off with instead of a Chevy Colorado next year.

According to the Bloomberg story, GM was paying $25 million per year to be the official vehicle of the NFL. That did not include the advertisement space it bought. Hyundai's market share has slipped slightly as of late and the company is looking for ways to boost its mind-share. The NFL sponsorship has paid of hugely for GM. Last year when MVP Tom Brady gave his Chevy Colorado to Malcolm Butler the free publicity went on for weeks with a photo and mention of the hot new truck in every story.

Butler colorado rear.jpg

Butler colorado rear.jpg

Butler colorado rear.jpg

Kind of hard for me to see "Hyundai" as the NFL sponsor, but it's just business, the NFL obviously will go with whoever will pay the most.

I dont know why it would be hard to see. Kia is the NBA sponsor

Kia/Hyundai, I hate that company. I think everyone should boycott them until that country stops killing & torturing millions of dogs/cats each year for food.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not saying you're wrong either. Perhaps they might have the same image of us with our chickens, cows and pigs.

Kia/Hyundai, I hate that company. I think everyone should boycott them until that country stops killing & torturing millions of dogs/cats each year for food.

Just because a country does something doesnt mean you should boycott a country. And because your views are bad, theirs about us could be just as bad or worse. Different cultures have different practices.

Archived