Fox 2.5, Cognito, Results...

Got the Fox 2.5's and the Cognito UCA's installed. Wanted to post this since I had a hard time finding good information about it myself. I have the aluminum stock upper and lower control arms so everyone made it seem you could only get so much lift out of those. Not true. I got the Cognito part specifically for the aluminum UCA's. From my understanding, the difference between aluminum and steel UCA's is the length of the bushings and bolts that connect the UCA to the frame. I mounted the ball joints underneath the control arm and have had great results. The shocks I have are the 2.5 Factory series Coil-over IFP. The ride is amazing, it looks great, and I am shopping for the rear shocks now... Definitely the correct way to do a leveling kit, well worth the cost.

Fox # 883-02-028 adjustable 0-3" Cognito # UCAK100045

image1-7.jpg

32d5c5cf-f499-411f-bdb9-4538dda00a7e.jpg

image2-4.jpg

Edited by Z71hayss
  • Like 2

Yes haha...it's only 1/4 inch higher in the front. Just a bad picture. I am planning on putting 1" larger blocks since I do a lot of towing, or add a leafs. Plus I think the coil overs will settle a little over the first few thousand miles.

I had them set at 2.5" and they will go up even further to 3" if you wanted, but you would lose some ride quality I'm sure. The ride feels much better than stock in the way it handles bumps at speed. Rough railroad tracks, pot holes, and dips all feel like butter. At highway speeds when you hit big bridge expansion joints, the front end stays level and smooth. Stock suspension bounces. Of course the back shocks are still feeling stiff though.

• Like 1

Can you elaborate on how the ride is better? How much lift did you get How much lift did you get?

Yeah, how much lift did you get?

Can you elaborate on how the ride is better? How much lift did you get How much lift did you get?

Yeah, how much lift did you get?

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Thats the plan, to get some blocks under it soon and some longer struts for the rear. Its a good option Nixon. Not the cheapest option out there, but its one of the best lift/ride quality and fuel mileage combos. We will see how much that changes when I get new tires.

It will change a lot...lol...I went to 305/55/20 Terra grapplers and a little stiffer and maybe 1/2 mpg difference...then added the 5100's with smother it up a bit maybe another 1/2 mpg hit...went to 285/55/22's with Nitto trail grappler M/T and took about 2mpg hit and a considerably stiffer ride...but it looks bad ass?

Thanks guys. Thats the plan, to get some blocks under it soon and some longer struts for the rear. Its a good option Nixon. Not the cheapest option out there, but its one of the best lift/ride quality and fuel mileage combos. We will see how much that changes when I get new tires.

What does that mean? Does Fox/Cognito make mpg claims with their suspension lifts now?

Tyler