Seat belt chime

Reach down between the seats, Where the seatbelt mount is located. There is a wire,plug. Unplug what ever side you want off. NOT RECOMMENDED>>>> It's there to remind us knuckle heads to buckle up. Mines off.

Welcome to this forum!  These types of complaints were common when seat belt use first became mandatory.  Putting my seat-belt on is as routine as starting my truck and now I can't imagine driving without buckling up!  You could get a seat belt extender from any dealership and plugging the male end to your seat-belt will deactivate the sensor.

This is what I bought

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Seat-Belt-Extender-for-2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-Front-Seats/322732090414?hash=item4b2454e42e:g:DRUAAOSwPhdVFy7U&vxp=mtr

You might want to get two if you regularly have passengers.  The seats have some sort of weighted sensor on it.

X2 on the seat belt alarm stopper, type “seat belt clip” in the search on EBay. I got the ones with the fake carbon fiber in my 15 since the truck was new and have never had a problem with them. Best 6 dollar “mod” I’ve ever done.

CE4DF0FD-1E4E-4DEE-BDC9-2E9498B348CC.jpeg

I drive off road quite a bit for my job and need to have the seat belt off in some situations so I can hang my head out the window to see where to place my front tires.  I currently have a F150 work truck and one of the neat things Ford does is give you the option of turning off the reminder dinging sound.  You can also do it for the passenger side if you wish but for both the light still comes on for a few minutes to remind you.  That is one option I wish GM would have put on our trucks.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2xUniversal-Carbon-Fiber-Car-Safety-Seat-Belt-Buckle-Alarm-Stopper-Clip-Clamp-US/112374115607?epid=2019841799&hash=item1a2a04ed17:g:vs0AAOSwmCVY9QKm&vxp=mtr

here’s one listing for one style there’s several styles and multiple sellers type seat belt clip in the search engine on eBay you’ll find them. 

Do a search -- there are tons of threads on here already about this.  There is a TSB that tells a Tech how to lower the volume but it only helps a little bit.  I ended up buying these and just leaving them installed all the time (I always buckle up but usually start the truck first and the chime annoyed me too):

http://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/chevrolet-silverado-seat-belt-extender/

Get the 3" rigid one in the color to match your interior.  I personally wouldn't trust most of the ones from ebay.  SeatBeltExtenderPros is the only manufacturer who actually passes safety tests in both US and Europe.

Archived