New Ram Performance Truck: A See You Later To GM

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

I guess it does not matter that it is Butt ugly as long as it has hp? 

Have you seen the 2019 Silverado yet? 

If you look up 'displeasing' in the dictionary, the definition simply reads "2019 Silverado." 

• Like 1

Still says concept on the site, nothing showing a plan to actually build. IF  FCA builds it, then it would be competition for the Raptor.

Ford sells every Raptor they build and at ridiculous prices. Comes with being the first and only. And it does perform to it's claims.

The current Rebel isn't in that class, the Power Wagon is good but big and heavy.

TRD Toyotas can't touch it, no matter what configuration of decals it comes with (my youngest brother has one and wants a Raptor, he's a member of the more money than brains club).

The Z71 is not the same performance package as when it first came out and the ZR2 is sharp but not in the same class either.

Love my Chevy, but GM doesn't build anything like that.

Flame me if you like but it is what it is.....

On 4/30/2018 at 1:53 PM, DONWT15 said:

Still says concept on the site, nothing showing a plan to actually build. IF  FCA builds it, then it would be competition for the Raptor.

Ford sells every Raptor they build and at ridiculous prices. Comes with being the first and only. And it does perform to it's claims.

The current Rebel isn't in that class, the Power Wagon is good but big and heavy.

TRD Toyotas can't touch it, no matter what configuration of decals it comes with (my youngest brother has one and wants a Raptor, he's a member of the more money than brains club).

The Z71 is not the same performance package as when it first came out and the ZR2 is sharp but not in the same class either.

Love my Chevy, but GM doesn't build anything like that.

Flame me if you like but it is what it is.....

It is what it is.  Unless it ain't.  

I’m still trying to get over the post, my friend sold his raptor at loss because he didn’t account for the fuel cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’m still trying to get over the post, my friend sold his raptor at loss because he didn’t account for the fuel cost.

Surely they can't be that bad on fuel can they? Loafing around I wouldn't expect them to be more than a few MPG shy of a 3.5L Eco crew. Either way, displacement and power doesn't always have to mean less MPG. My friend and I had identical '98 Z71's, his was a 5L mine was the 5.7L and we found the 350 got better mileage in our hilly area. I find the same with my current 5.3L and 6.2L. I get 15.5L/100 with the 5.3L and only use 14L/100 (15mpg vs 17mpg) with the 6.2L with larger and heavier tire too. Depending on how you drive obviously but.. I don't think an LT4 powered Z71 would be outrageous compared to a L86, probably not as big of a spread as one would think, 3-4mpg loss tops under daily conditions? Certainly justifiable to many people that want a "built" truck with a full warranty. Sorry about your friend's situation, that would suck.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

That's a tough deal. But putting your foot in it a lot will do that. It's not meant to be a daily driver.

Probably more to it than just fuel. One would think if you can afford the truck, you would be able to afford the fuel.

49 minutes ago, DONWT15 said:

That's a tough deal. But putting your foot in it a lot will do that. It's not meant to be a daily driver.

Probably more to it than just fuel. One would think if you can afford the truck, you would be able to afford the fuel.

Had a co-worker get in a similar situation with a new Ford lariat . He had the credit to buy it and he did but after a few months he found the payment and fuel cost was basically leaving him broke. After 10 months of it he sold it at a loss of coarse but got out from underneath it .

The idea of putting 700 hp in something that has the stopping distance of a cruise ship, corners like a 55 Olds,  and has the weight distribution of ... well, a pickup,  just isn't attractive to me. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Spurshot said:

The idea of putting 700 hp in something that has the stopping distance of a cruise ship, corners like a 55 Olds,  and has the weight distribution of ... well, a pickup,  just isn't attractive to me. 

LOL true! Looks like a big set of slotted and drilled Brembo's hiding under those wheels. From your sig, I see you did the Wilwood upgrade, it should stop that light K2 like a car now no? But I definitely feel you on that. 707hp would be better suited for a low-slung SRT-10 type build, and even those needed a parachute to slow down sometimes. Here in Canada we have bad roads with holes that will swallow cars, so high HP trucks are often a "more livable" choice than say a Corvette or ZL1. Never owned a car either.  But I give props to Mopar for considering it, as GM only seems to want to offer $5,000 sticker packages. Which people seem to buy for some reason unbeknown to me. Although I want a C6Z more than anything, I know a sport truck would be a better choice for my summer-only vehicle in my rural region. There was one C6Z in my town and the guy sold it because it was too rough here to drive it anywhere but the Trans Canada highway. Not all of us have those silky smooth concrete interstates everywhere. Cheers, thanks for the laugh. 

On 4/30/2018 at 11:05 AM, Likarok said:

I guess it does not matter that it is Butt ugly as long as it has hp? 

They have been discussing that at length at the Camaro6 forums since the 2019 reveal.

FCA just puts out what enthusiasts call for. It's impressive.....and curious that the other manufacturers can't begin to keep up. GM and Ford announce something, FCA announces 3. Have you tried to build a Charger or Challenger on their site? They have an absurd amount of performance variant packages. RT, Scat pack, SRT, hellcat, demon, Daytona, SRT392, Shaker, And those are JUST the V8 packages, and consist of 4 different levels of performancem most have unique features and or styling. Yes, some are trim packages, but they are easily recognizable from the others. Variety! 

And now the Rams have like 3 or 4 very different interior styles. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

That’s “Dodge” ....

FCA is in a very different financial position than GM.   Companies like that have to take risks.  A converse example is Toyota.  Not much reason to take a risk.