Leveled 2016 silverado with 33s

has anybody had ball joint issues with the new stamped steel control arms?
suspension maxx says no issue, rough country will only sell a 2" kit because of them, ready lift sells a 2.25" kit with new control arms because of the issue.
i didn't think it would be so difficult getting my truck leveled [emoji20]

What year is your truck and wheel and tire size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer will not need to recalibrate the magneride. Thats the reason of the relocation brackets. I had to get an alignment as the toe was way off but just did a 1500 mile roadtrip and road nice. Averaged 22 mpg as well. 

3 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Are you keeping same wheels and tires, or changing something?

Id like to downsize to 20" wheels with 285/65R20 BFG KO2's. I had a previous truck with those and really liked the look and ride. Gotta sell these 22's first and then will try it. If BFG made 22's then id keep my stock wheels. I dont care for Nitto's. 

Truck 5.jpg

Id like to downsize to 20" wheels with 285/65R20 BFG KO2's. I had a previous truck with those and really liked the look and ride. Gotta sell these 22's first and then will try it. If BFG made 22's then id keep my stock wheels. I dont care for Nitto's. 5b280db00b83d_Truck5.thumb.jpg.ed4eadc8efcaedc0a454c46e28146ba0.jpg

My truck had 22’s (not a fan of) on it w Bridgestone AT’s when it came in off the truck, had them replace with 20’s in order to have more tire than metal for ride purposes and accidentally brushing a curb or two. Once I did the level I put on the 275x60’s cause UCA’s rubbing. Ordered the Fuel wheels 20X9 with +18 slapped on the KO2’s 275/60/20 and then noticed rougher ride. Special ordered Fox coil overs and Fox rears waiting to install when I’ve got the day to kill.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denali34 said:

The dealer will not need to recalibrate the magneride. Thats the reason of the relocation brackets. I had to get an alignment as the toe was way off but just did a 1500 mile roadtrip and road nice. Averaged 22 mpg as well. 

i understand not needing a recal with the brackets, but the Readylift kit does not have relocation brackets. Their kit has new upper control arms. I talked to them today and asked about the Magneride. They said the dealer will need to recalibrate the "trim height" by doing a "trim height relearn" 

Edited by kylant

mine is a brand new 2018. it has the 22x9 +24 offset wheels with 285/45-22 tires on it

Same as what my SLT came with, had them swap for 20’s for more cushion and rim protection.

1 hour ago, kylant said:

i understand not needing a recal with the brackets, but the Readylift kit does not have relocation brackets. Their kit has new upper control arms. I talked to them today and asked about the Magneride. They said the dealer will need to recalibrate the "trim height" by doing a "trim height relearn" 

Yeah that’s why I went with the Suspension Maxx leveling kit. No need for UCA’s and relearn on magneride. Best kit available IMO. Let me know how that Ready Lift works out for you. 

2 hours ago, Denali34 said:

Yeah that’s why I went with the Suspension Maxx leveling kit. No need for UCA’s and relearn on magneride. Best kit available IMO. Let me know how that Ready Lift works out for you. 

I'm just trying to get the best kit that addresses all the potential issues. Could you share pics of your kit installed? a-arm/ball joint angles, etc...

thanks

22 hours ago, kylant said:

do you have pics? did you do the new control arm kit? what about the Magnaride? they say there kit just needs a dealer recalibration.

I replaced the stamped steel control arms with the ReadyLift tubular UCAs as I had read that going above a 2" level could cause stress/angle issues on the Stamped Steel stock UCAs.  I don't have Magnaride and am not familiar with it.

1 minute ago, TRG said:

I replaced the stamped steel control arms with the ReadyLift tubular UCAs as I had read that going above a 2" level could cause stress/angle issues on the Stamped Steel stock UCAs.  I don't have Magnaride and am not familiar with it.

can you post pics? I am curious how the brake line attaches to the arm. I think I am going to go with these

thanks

3 hours ago, TRG said:

Mine is getting done today, 2.5” with Readylift UCA’s, I can post pics of the angles tonight

9 hours ago, Arkangel said:

Rough Country 2.5” Level with Top of the strut spacer, not under the coil, and bottom spacer. Readylift UCA’s

x9zqfSv.jpg

255Biwf.jpg

thanks. how much clearance is between the uca and the coil? looks pretty close. how is the abs bracket attached to the uca? thanks

I have a 2018 Sierra, and will be installing a 2 inch level also. Did not know that people were having that much of an issue. I have a 2011 GMC with a 2 inch level and 275/60's and it only rubs at full lock while backing up, but it rubs the sway bar, not the uca.