Leveled 2016 silverado with 33s

Just wondering if theres much rubbing with 33s that are 11.5 wide.
Snapchat-98874996.thumb.jpg.ecd67d8b5960703668078138a7a6ce2e.jpg

As long as you’re not using stock wheels you’ll be fine. 2018 GMC Z71 4X4, Crew Cab Standard Bed, I put 275/60/20 BFG KO2’s on with a 2 1/4” level up front and added 1” rear then threw the BFG’s on stock wheels only to get both upper left and right UCA’s rubbing. Apparently, the level caused the UCA’s to have different angle causing the rub. I fixed it with new Fuel wheels with plus 18 offset. All good now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35e28b559dcbc5bf5b4f6e7b690291f3.jpge04b19bc6f051af65c71bd2297d0faa8.png

Before with Stock 20” wheels with KO2’s after new wheels with KO2’s. I’m sooooo glad I put on the new wheels, look so much better color contrast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So is it the height or the width causing the problem?

I have a 2” level. Stock tire 275/55r20 (new) is 31.9” tall.   If I go to 275/60 r20, height is 33”.  

Ive been assuming as I am considering my next set, that wouldn’t be a problem.  Except to my already-inaccurate speedo.

1 hour ago, Boardmember said:

So is it the height or the width causing the problem?

I have a 2” level. Stock tire 275/55r20 (new) is 31.9” tall.   If I go to 275/60 r20, height is 33”.  

Ive been assuming as I am considering my next set, that wouldn’t be a problem.  Except to my already-inaccurate speedo.

This is what i did, front level with 275/60/20 cooper AT3 tires. I only rub the inner fender liner little bit when backing up and turning. I t can be fixed by zip tying the liner but i just didnt care to. 

Edited by Ozer

I have close to a 2" level and I will upgrading to 20" wheels and 275/60R20 tires as soon as I have the extra money.  I have seen several posts of that tire size with no rubbing on the many wheel/tire threads on here.

I have 35" tires and they don't rub.   285/65r20 BFG ATs.  They measure to be exactly 34.5"x11.5" on stock wheels.

All I had to do was pull back the fenders, and they don't rub.   Your desired size of 33x11.5 will fit no problem with stock wheels.

UvKVJvV.jpg

DaQowNZ.jpg

7pcMxlz.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robopie said:

I have 35" tires and they don't rub.   285/65r20 BFG ATs.  They measure to be exactly 34.5"x11.5" on stock wheels.

All I had to do was pull back the fenders, and they don't rub.   Your desired size of 33x11.5 will fit no problem with stock wheels.

UvKVJvV.jpg

DaQowNZ.jpg

7pcMxlz.jpg

That looks really good..is that a 2" level? For stock wheels, I think those look the best too.

Edited by '17 Sierra
  • Like 1

This is what i did, front level with 275/60/20 cooper AT3 tires. I only rub the inner fender liner little bit when backing up and turning. I t can be fixed by zip tying the liner but i just didnt care to. 

I don’t agree, I put 275/60/20 BFG KO2’s on my stock 20’s and had horrible rub on both left and right UCA’s causing me to buy new wheels with plus 18 offset. Btw, my truck is 2018 which I’ve heard 2017-2018 have new designed stamped versions of upper control Arms (UCA’s). My neighbor has a 14 and put on Cooper AT3’s 285/55/20’s with no rub but remember his is 2014 model with completely different UCA’s. IMO, don’t do it unless you’re ready to invest in new offset wheels. Good luck!

UvKVJvV.jpg
DaQowNZ.jpg
7pcMxlz.jpg

What year is your truck?

19 minutes ago, '17 Sierra said:

That looks really good..is that a 2" level? For stock wheels, I think those look the best too.

Yes, 2" level.  Rear had about 2" raised as well from airbags for towing.

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

What year is your truck?

Twenty Sixteen - see text below my avatar.

Edited by Robopie

Twenty Sixteen - see text below my avatar.

That’s why they fit, 2017 - 2018 have different UCA’s which create different geometric tolerances when leveled.

24 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s why they fit, 2017 - 2018 have different UCA’s which create different geometric tolerances when leveled.

That's correct. I have a 2" level and my stock wheels and tires sometimes rub the UCA's when backing up full lock. Lifting 2" brings the wheels in closer to the control arms.

• Like 1

That's correct. I have a 2" level and my stock wheels and tires sometimes rub the UCA's when backing up full lock. Lifting 2" brings the wheels in closer to the control arms.

And what year is yours?