Leveled 2016 silverado with 33s

That's correct. I have a 2" level and my stock wheels and tires sometimes rub the UCA's when backing up full lock. Lifting 2" brings the wheels in closer to the control arms.

Still running stock wheels or have you switched wheels with different offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

And what year is yours?

'17

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Still running stock wheels or have you switched wheels with different offset?

Yeah, stock wheels and tires.

• Like 1

Yeah, stock wheels and tires.

One of my sponsors own a Chevy and a GMC dealership, educated me on making sure not to go larger than a 2 - 2 1/2” level or else GM will void the suspension warranty. Living in the city mine rubbed so bad the tires rubbed the paint off the UCA’s less than a month plus it was embarrassing people looking at me and my truck cause of the horrible noise it made while rubbing lol

Ok, my guy said March and April 2016 is when GM started using Stamped Steel Control Arms. ReadyLIFT has a video on YouTube using their new control arms along with spacers for the 2016-2018 model 1500’s

so leveling an '18 will cause the tires to rub the control arms?? I don't really see how spacing the coilover changes the geometry so much that the tire would rub the control arm. I can see the camber change, but that would be corrected with an alignment

I have an '18 Denali and I need to get this up asap. 

I have the stock 22x9 +24 offset wheels.

so leveling an '18 will cause the tires to rub the control arms?? I don't really see how spacing the coilover changes the geometry so much that the tire would rub the control arm. I can see the camber change, but that would be corrected with an alignment

I have a 2018 SLT with 20X9, rubbed hard on the UCA’s as soon as I did just a 2 1/4” level in order to put on just 275/60/20 BFG KO2’s. Apparently, seems that the geometry changed a bit once GM started using stamped steel versus the original aluminum UCA’s in the 2016-2018 models. I ended up custom ordering new 20/9 fuel wheels with a +18 on them[emoji1305]

Forgot to mention that it only rubs hard on full locks, thought ok, I’ll deal with it until I started getting looks in the parking lot and rubbed off the black paint on the UCA’s

2 hours ago, kylant said:

I just installed a Suspension Maxx 2.5" leveling kit on my Denali FOR Magneride and nothing rubs. I have the stock 22" wheels and tires. Don't worry about the upper control arms rubbing on your stock setup. 

GMC Denali.jpg

I just installed a Suspension Maxx 2.5" leveling kit on my Denali FOR Magneride and nothing rubs. I have the stock 22" wheels and tires. Don't worry about the upper control arms rubbing on your stock setup. 
5b27d302db609_GMCDenali.thumb.jpg.9667f8a65e8e4e35137e05c3d8a97600.jpg

Looks good, I leveled first then put on 275/60’s versus 55’s making it 33’s”

• Like 1

5b27d302db609_GMCDenali.thumb.jpg.9667f8a65e8e4e35137e05c3d8a97600.jpg

Are you keeping same wheels and tires, or changing something?

2 hours ago, kylant said:

I've got an '18 with the same size wheels and a 2.25" ReadyLift level and no rubbing what so ever.

1 hour ago, Denali34 said:

GMC Denali.jpg

i have the same wheels. do you think a 285/50-22 will clear the control arm?

1 hour ago, TRG said:

I've got an '18 with the same size wheels and a 2.25" ReadyLift level and no rubbing what so ever.

do you have pics? did you do the new control arm kit? what about the Magnaride? they say there kit just needs a dealer recalibration.

has anybody had ball joint issues with the new stamped steel control arms?

suspension maxx says no issue, rough country will only sell a 2" kit because of them, ready lift sells a 2.25" kit with new control arms because of the issue.

i didn't think it would be so difficult getting my truck leveled :(