2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-RST-026.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

7/18/2018

GM-Trucks.com can confirm that Chevrolet is sending out media invitations for a next generation 2019 Silverado first drive program that will take place in just a few weeks. Scheduled during the second week of August, the invite only program will give selected national journalists and automotive media a first chance to get behind the wheel of the all new pickup in the mountains of Wyoming. 

That's good news for anyone interested in a third party opinion about the all new Silverado and undoubtedly the beginning of a media onslaught of 2019 Silverado and Sierra content. We can't wait!

We're finalizing our plans to attend the event ourselves and very much looking forward to seeing how the new Silverado matches our expectations. Especially since our long term 2019 Silverado LTZ should arrive just a few weeks after we get back.

It will be interesting to see how third party individuals will evaluate it.  Looking forward to your article. 

• Like 1

Ha, Third party individuals, invited by GM. 

Oh you don't like us... you can't come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have a 2015 Silverado LS. Planning to get a 2019 truck at the end of early next year.

In my mind, have two options. Silverado or F-150.

Waiting to see reviews to try to make  the smart decision.

I was going to trade in my 2016 Chevrolet Silverado WT for a 2019 or 2020 (of same) but I heard they won't be making a 2 door standard cab. Is this true?

Posted (edited)

Not trueFB_IMG_1531355424484.thumb.jpg.9799f17fa144f311e3f7ed8d61080b58.jpg.cef51a11c613f6bdf3e507ce1d7536ed.jpg

Edited by Daly

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, Daly said:

Not trueFB_IMG_1531355424484.thumb.jpg.9799f17fa144f311e3f7ed8d61080b58.jpg.cef51a11c613f6bdf3e507ce1d7536ed.jpg

Trail Boss regular cab too?!?!?  I sure hope so...OR...there is a possibility that truck has the accessory 2 inch lift kit, which is the same suspension stuff the TB gets?  Oh, and T1 dually to the right...

Edited by newdude

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Sierra Dan
      2019 GMC Sierra Denali wins the 2019 Canadian Truck King Challenge 

• By tenminutes
      ITEM PRICE:  $1,500
      ITEM LOCATION FOR PICK UP: Dallas Texas
      NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING: If you cover the cost, I'm happy to make sure they are to the shipping provider and protected. USHIP.com quotes will be $100-250 depending on where you live.
      CONTACT INFO: Text message is best (anytime) 512-944-0307

I'm selling my Full Set of Factory OEM Chevrolet wheels pulled off a 2016 Tahoe LTZ. The tires are Nitto Terra Grappler G2 size 305/45r22 and have 50% tread left. I had to pull the Tire Pressure sensors out for a new set so they do not have them inside the tire. I have both GMC or Chevrolet caps. Buyer's choice of either option. Please let me know if you have any questions, will not last long at this price.

Details on wheels Below: 22" 22in 04-17 NEW Chevrolet Silverado Tahoe Suburban OEM WHEELS SET 4 5696

22" 22in 04-17 NEW Chevrolet Silverado Tahoe Suburban OEM WHEELS SET 4 5696

Quantity: 4

Color: Hyper Silver

Manufacturer Part Number: 22905550, 22912545

Rim Material: Aluminum Alloy

Bolt Pattern: 6x139.7

Brand: Chevrolet

Wheel Cap: NOTE that the cap has a chrome bowtie

Interchange Part Number: 560-5696, ALY5696, WAO.5696

Hub Bore: 78.1

Number of Bolts: 6

Type: Genuine OEM

Rim Width: 9

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      12-10-2018

The EPA posted the new fuel economy numbers for a variety of Silverado combinations this week. The new 2.7-liter engine is one highlight. What struck us after reviewing the info is that the numbers are not that impressive. Chevrolet made a lot of noise about the new truck's aerodynamics and engine technology, leading us to get the impression that some interesting numbers would follow.  Now that we see the numbers we are not so sure. First off, there are 38 different Silverado 1500 combinations listed by www.FuelEconomy.gov. Four pages of different fuel economy numbers for the model years 2018 and 2019. You can find them all yourself on the site to view which interest you, but we are pulling out a few for discussion purposes. 

First Up 5.3L V8 4x 4  2018 vs. 2019
      To our eyes, the 2019s (denoted by "K") look like they get lower fuel economy. Are we mistaken?

Next Up 4.3L V6 4 x 4 2018 vs. 2019
      The 4.3-liter V6 was more efficient last year is our take. What's yours?

Next Up 2019 2.7L 4-cylinder turbo in 2WD vs. 4.3 V6 in 2WD for 2018 vs. Ram V6 2019
      The reason there are two Silverados is one is the work truck, the other not the work truck. They get different MPG ratings. The Ram is the new mild hybrid eTorque V6. Hmm.   

Our friends at Automotive News asked Chevy's Monte Duran why the new trucks have lower fuel economy numbers than the old and he replied, "We increased towing capacity, payload, and it's a much larger bed and a much larger cab."  

• By Hindsy
      I have a 2004 2500HD with around 114k on it. Truck doesn't run the highway very often, but recently on a highway run I noticed a pretty heavy vibration as I accelerated above 65mph. At first I thought it to be an exhaust leak, but as I slowed below 65 it decreased. If I let off the pedal it also quiets down, but increases as I press back on the pedal. is this in the drive train? I'm assuming possibly the U-joint or out of balance? I don't have any issues noticeably when at lower speeds. Thats issue one...

I also have been having issues with the 4 wheel drive. recently had to use it and it did not want to shift out of 4 high. During a short trip at camp it said I needed the 4 wheel drive serviced. What type of service should be performed at this point?  While I was hunting it was parked for a few days and was fine once I started it and went into 2 wheel drive.