Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

1 hour ago, Csjumper2003 said:

Anyone have a gmc cluster 2.5 hmi for car play and a radio with no Bose but nav for sale

I need all 3 so I can have programmed and installed. Pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hmi2.5 with navi and radio modules not sure if bose equipped Pm me for part numbers

See mine use to do that now it doesn’t [emoji1361] All good tho like the video in motion for most part got about 20 movie in a usb stick 
Where do you get your movies from?
I got everything back from WAMS. Now just have to find time to install everything

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, H-town Silver Bullet said:

Where do you get your movies from?
I got everything back from WAMS. Now just have to find time to install everything

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not sure I just bought the usb stick “32gb one” and one my friend puts the movies on thur his phone (AndroidPhone) with some adapter straight to the Usb stick, 720p seem to work better then the 1080p some of those don’t show on the screen. You can fit about 20 something movies on a 32gb usb stick 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Csjumper2003 said:

Can anyone answer do we need to upgrade the usbs in the glovebox too or are they already setup ?

@pgamboa I’m not to sure on this, i don’t have usb in my glovebox. I did swap out my usb switch in my jumpseat 

Can anyone answer do we need to upgrade the usbs in the glovebox too or are they already setup ?

The single USB port in the upper glove box is a direct feed into the HMI (into the green port). This should work. The USB Hubs though are different between 14/15 and 16+. So you’ll want to change those out to the 16+ version.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Csjumper2003 said:

So just the usb or need the whole wiring to the hmi? Also the center console do we need just the usb or the wiring harness all the way up

Just unplug the old usb switch and plug in the new usb switch in the center console, I don’t have the glove box usb switch so idk about that one.

Hey Phil do you know if these can handle 3.0 usb drives? With the new 16 ones?

Yep. USB 3.0 should be backward compatible to 2.0 and 1.1.