Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

• 1 month later...
  • th3magpi3
  • I just finished reading almost all 68 pages of the thread. I had re@ched our to two other venders and didn’t get real responsive answers.
  • what do I need to get CarPlay in a 2016 silverado
  • that got the $200 credit. These other two veneers were lacking in email information to that question.
  • i asked this question to 
  • th3magpi3 he said only the hmi 2.5 programmed to my vin. I said send me one....he invoiced me and I paid he programmed and shipped. I’m waiting for it to arrive around January 2nd. His price was substantially less then these other two venders too.
  • my case of being a 2016 and already having radio and usb there made a price difference. But please the other two venders were outrageous pricing.
  • shop around guys....thanks 
  • th3magpi3 for your help and input.
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, th3magpi3 said:

Also happy to help with any programming needs! I can help with HMI upgrades, denali cluster upgrades, VIM, rear cam in motion etc. Just fire me a PM and I'll be happy to help with your custom project :)

P.S. - Have something unique in mind? We also do custom reverse engineering applications so nothing is quite out of bounds. Send me your ideas and I'll do my best to make them a reality.

HMI 2.5 to 3.0?

One of Magpie's early customers here, totally satisfied customer. I did buy a European 2.5 hmi that doesn't support voice on nav ( not his fault). I"ve got an iphone 11 and have intermittent success getting carplay to start. Android Auto was flawless with my oneplus 6t.  I first thought it was related to my seatbelt being unbuckled, but still not activating 100%. Using factory apple cable. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thomascw said:

I"ve got an iphone 11 and have intermittent success getting carplay to start. Android Auto was flawless with my oneplus 6t.  I first thought it was related to my seatbelt being unbuckled, but still not activating 100%. Using factory apple cable. Any thoughts?

iPhones have issues with CarPlay.  Common problem.

One of Magpie's early customers here, totally satisfied customer. I did buy a European 2.5 hmi that doesn't support voice on nav ( not his fault). I"ve got an iphone 11 and have intermittent success getting carplay to start. Android Auto was flawless with my oneplus 6t.  I first thought it was related to my seatbelt being unbuckled, but still not activating 100%. Using factory apple cable. Any thoughts?
I experienced similar issues with my iPhone X. I would have to unplug and replug the lightning connector a few times. I also have noticed since switching to a pixel 3 XL I haven't had that issue.

I also noticed that the issue was reproduced in a factory 2018 Colorado (another vehicle in my household). If you search you can see there have been issues with iOS 13 but I don't know if they have been resolved yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I only updated the radio and hmi for carplay/android auto. I only use these on a long trip(rarely).  Kind of dissappointing that carplay isn't reliable( not surprising). Never been an apple fan, but my work likes them and the battery life is pretty amazing.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 4:00 PM, thomascw said:

I tried turning off bluetooth on my iphone and it started carplay 3/3 times today. Not sure if this is a true fix or not, interestingly it turns bluetooth back on when it connects.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, thomascw said:

What’s the European HMI?  Does it show anything different?  Miles or kilometers?

20 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

What’s the European HMI?  Does it show anything different?  Miles or kilometers?

It had a European map on the hmi, was able to update to 2019 N America map, but no voice commands. Bought off ebay and shipped to Magpie.Listed as Silverado hmi, obviously not from N. America. The nav is horrible anyway, would recommend hmi without nav.