Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

I finally installed my new hmi module & radio module... Anyone bought an aftermarket type C USB cord off Amazon that works seamlessly for Andriod Auto? My current cord is temperamental and goes in & out when connected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

USB A - USB C? I’ve had good luck with anker ones but use Apple. So I have an Apple one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

USB A - USB C? I’ve had good luck with anker ones but use Apple. So I have an Apple one.

Yeah... Its was a long shot. Probably just buy a few ones off Amazon and test it out. They always CLAIM to work like oem ones but you never know until you try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anker is a solid 3rd party cable manufacturer and in my eyes superior to OEM Apple and android cables. Never had an issue with them and they happily carry the proper charge.

• Like 2

Thanks to @th3magpi3 for helping me with a radio to complete my CarPlay update. I had originally just bought the HMI and USB when someone had posted that you just needed a software update for the radio on a 15.5. Of course that didn’t work and was upset I wasted $125. Now with the new radio Siri and phone calls work correctly. 

Edited by risk235
  • Like 1

My only regret was jumping to fast and getting my Denali cluster installed before I did the 2.5 module upgrade. I also swapped everything over to the red gmc controls and buttons. Which I like better than the blue. 

Assuming I were to purchase a custom instrument cluster/gauge faceplate, is it possible to change what data channels are displayed on each of the analog gauges?

For example, could I reprogram the four small gauges above the speedo and tach to display wide band AFR, vacuum-boost via MAP sensor, trans temp, etc...? (I know I’m mixing channels that are normally monitored by the ECM with aftermarket channels... just wondering if any of it’s possible)

Also, assuming my tachometer gauge faceplate had the appropriate numbering and hash marks, could the needle be reprogrammed to display values above 6,000 rpm?

I’m specifically interested in the analog gauges on non-Denali clusters. Thanks for any help and info you guys can provide.

Who do I go to and what part needs programing when going from 4in to 8in screen?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Lots of good info here but you can drop us a line from our website with your vin and we can tell you exactly.

37 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Lots of good info here but you can drop us a line from our website with your vin and we can tell you exactly.

Tried the site contact. Once completed error message popped up. I dont have facebook if that matters.

Tried the site contact. Once completed error message popped up. I dont have facebook if that matters.

Yeah host just dropped that box for emergency maintenance unfortunately. You can directly email sales at whiteautoandmedia.com in the interim just make sure to include your vin that will save everyone some time :)

What a kick ass company. Ended up going with whiteautoandmedia.com due to logistics and overall customer service.

I spoke with magpie and he was very knowledgeable too and is out of Canada.

I have started not only unlocking and adding car play but also changing the radio panel to get rid of the red led backlighting.

I have ordered the cluster so when Arrived I will post more.

Check out picsaaa1453f39e2a3be0133cb40fb01cea7.jpg5fd401a73881fa8edda3a202a995dc09.jpg5b54a71443b168fcd82c307b097bebb5.jpg

• Like 1