Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Also, if anyone is in a pinch with the USB module any powered USB 2.0 or 3.0 hub can be plugged into the stock USB port.  I have been using one in the center console of my truck for over a year.  I think I paid $15 for the hub on eBay and now I can charge other devices simultaneously.  Of course the stock GM part is cleanest looking, just offering options.

14 minutes ago, ScienceProject2015 said:

Also, if anyone is in a pinch with the USB module any powered USB 2.0 or 3.0 hub can be plugged into the stock USB port.  I have been using one in the center console of my truck for over a year.  I think I paid $15 for the hub on eBay and now I can charge other devices simultaneously.  Of course the stock GM part is cleanest looking, just offering options.

Yeah it can actually support a TON of USB devices, but I think most people are fine with the 5 provided lol. Powered is essential or you could cause strain on the HMI if too many devices are using it. 

Soooo catching up on this forum thread took a good couple of hours Lol. Thanks th3magpi3 for all the info.

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 with NAV an HMI 2.0 

What I have asertained is mvi is entirely to expensive Lol, anyway!

I need to purchase:
HMI 2.5: 84028492
Radio: 23402903
USB HUB: 13509942

Then pay someone on this forum to program and update the HMI and radio module for me with my trucks VIN, and everything will work (steering Controls, gauge cluster screen, carplay, usb etc...)?

Do I need any other wiring harnesses etc..?
Do I have the right part numbers etc.. is there a way to know for sure?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Soooo catching up on this forum thread took a good couple of hours Lol. Thanks th3magpi3 for all the info.

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 with NAV an HMI 2.0 

What I have asertained is mvi is entirely to expensive Lol, anyway!

I need to purchase:
HMI 2.5: 84028492
Radio: 23402903
USB HUB: 13509942

Then pay someone on this forum to program and update the HMI and radio module for me with my trucks VIN, and everything will work (steering Controls, gauge cluster screen, carplay, usb etc...)?

Do I need any other wiring harnesses etc..?
Do I have the right part numbers etc.. is there a way to know for sure?

You need to contact WAMS. He is a one stop shop. Do yourself a favor, do it once, do it right.. I did. And couldnt be happier..

• Like 4

Wams has everything and then some. He also has a full list of all applicable part numbers that work. This will help if you try and source some of the items on your own to save a few bucks. All and all, to do everything, you need a
2.5 hmi, applicable for your truck in list
Radio based off your truck info in his list
Usb can be really any 2016 plus 2 port usb with 3.5mm jack. There are a ton of part numbers for these. I bought a black one and then got a white one that looked cleaner. So have an extra lying around.

Lastly a dash cluster. Part numbers are a good place to start but this to found unless you can find a killer deal ordering from WAMS and getting a brand new one is the best bang for your buck.

I have a 2015 Sierra with a April 15 build date. I have done everything but the cluster. My cluster will be here Monday and can’t wait. I bought one brand new from WAMS due to if you can find one it usually is in used condition and the part numbers seem to be the same so you have to see a pic in order to differentiate as you want one from a 16 plus Denali truck or Yukon. The least headache after trying over and over I gave up and ordered new.

Currently without the cluster
Radio works
Car play works
Siri is working
Nav shows on cluster
Messages pop up and can use Siri to reply and send messages back
Steering wheel controls for volume work
Steering for track up and down work

Cluster I’m told but haven’t seen yet all other functions will work for Siri control. Idk what all that is but will find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome thanks guys, Is WAMS a person on this forum, website, or an abbreviation for something? a User search for WAMS just yields forum topics of people referring to WAMS, and a google search doesn't have any promising results. Sorry if this is a stupid question I thought I read this entire thread and I don't recall a WAMS of any kind, but it was a really long read so I might have missed it Lol.

Edit: Nevermind pretty sure I just found it with a bit more googling. Thanks Guys!

Edited by Nick Jones
  • Like 2

Sounds awesome thanks guys, Is WAMS a person on this forum, website, or an abbreviation for something? a User search for WAMS just yields forum topics of people referring to WAMS, and a google search doesn't have any promising results. Sorry if this is a stupid question I thought I read this entire thread and I don't recall a WAMS of any kind, but it was a really long read so I might have missed it Lol.

Edit: Nevermind pretty sure I just found it with a bit more googling. Thanks Guys!

I’m sure you found it - www.whiteautoandmedia.com

WAMS for short. :)

They are great! They have done all the custom programming that I have done on my truck.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Also happy to help with any programming needs! I can help with HMI upgrades, denali cluster upgrades, VIM, rear cam in motion etc. Just fire me a PM and I'll be happy to help with your custom project :)

P.S. - Have something unique in mind? We also do custom reverse engineering applications so nothing is quite out of bounds. Send me your ideas and I'll do my best to make them a reality.