Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

On 1/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, clemsonteg said:

Thanks for all the helpful information! I am currently collecting parts to do this for my 2015 Silverado. I bought a 2.5 HMI unit on eBay and the seller still has some of them. I paid $125 which was the cheapest I have seen so far for the HMI and I am working on ordering the other parts detailed in this thread. Here is the listing in case anyone else is searching for parts - https://www.ebay.com/itm/202883038007

I was wondering why it was cheap

af it doesn’t have navigation plug ?? I’d do/sell hmi2.5 with navi shipped for 200$ 

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1

I will be doing this radio/hmi upgrade soon and was wondering if anybody had to replace or tried to use the triple usb on the lower dash? I know the console one has to be replaced for android auto but The one I'm talking about is the one with the cover near the cigarette ports.

Edited by blues143
spelling

On 12/26/2019 at 4:24 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

8347d4122bee972aaf7fa9992eb1fda1.jpg

I just got my HMI and radio module installed today in my ‘14. I had the IO5 radio and upgraded to the IO6 navigation. Installation was simple too. The 14/15 models will need the newer 16+ USB ports. One inside my console, and one up under the screen on the front of my console. I mounted my GPS antennae up under the dash by the windshield. This is absolutely amazing. I missed having the GPS in my old truck with an aftermarket deck. The GPS and CarPlay are exactly what I wanted. PGamboa on here and https://harnessdr.com, and and GTPprix over at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com are incredible at what they can do! If anyone has to swap out their USB hubs on the console, I would highly recommend the $2 pick set at harbor freight to get behind the hub to release the locking tabs.

Any non GM truck person wouldn’t think twice about this upgrade, but it feels brand new to me again. I love how it will read my text messages for me without having to look at my phone.

Do you happen to have the part number for the usb up under the screen on the front of the console? I see I'll have to replace that one as well...

On 2/1/2020 at 5:15 AM, clemsonteg said:

@th3magpi3 can the 84331775 HMI be used for this upgrade?

Yes. We can program ANY 2.5 HMI. Regardless of donor vehicle or part number. If it's a 2.5 we do it! 

Edited by th3magpi3

On 2/1/2020 at 5:55 AM, Frankielozano214 said:

I was wondering why it was cheap

af it doesn’t have navigation plug ?? I’d do/sell hmi2.5 with navi shipped for 200$ 

I can vouch for Frankie. He has quality parts offered at a great price for forum members here. Have dealt with him many times and he has always been prompt, professional and takes great care in packaging his parts. 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

so i'm a bit confused.. sorry new to all of this. if i go buy this https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/ does that ship new hardware to me or do i have to ship them hardware and have that flashed? I've been wanting to do this upgrade for a long time and was on the fence about the $2000 Alpine GMi209 but if i can do it cheaper im in :)

Hi,

so i'm a bit confused.. sorry new to all of this. if i go buy this https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/ does that ship new hardware to me or do i have to ship them hardware and have that flashed? I've been wanting to do this upgrade for a long time and was on the fence about the $2000 Alpine GMi209 but if i can do it cheaper im in [emoji4]
The price you see listed is the programming fee with you supplying the appropriate hardware.

You can chose to have WAMS supply you with the hardware. If you choose to have them supply the hardware, you’ll get brand new hardware with warranty and you’ll retain your GM factory warranty or extended warranty (if you still have it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, a77 said:

If you were considering a $2000 alpine... might want to wait a couple weeks for the linkswell gen IV.

I called linkswell, it will not communicate with the hmi, will lose some features.

i added turn signal cameras, front camera, rear camera in motion.

also retrofitted rear seat entertainment and linkswell said i would loose it all.

phoenix will retain it all if oem.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, Jrocc24 said:

Hi,

so i'm a bit confused.. sorry new to all of this. if i go buy this https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/ does that ship new hardware to me or do i have to ship them hardware and have that flashed? I've been wanting to do this upgrade for a long time and was on the fence about the $2000 Alpine GMi209 but if i can do it cheaper im in :)

Programming is the defaul set price, if you supply the parts and ship them in.

i just purchased this for my wifes 2015 tahoe, i selected to have them supply the parts. They order them new.

finding used ones would only save me $100 in the end, thats with vehicles that crashes, rolled or more then 50,000 miles on them. For me $100 more for new was a better option.

i retrofitted the cluster with wams, dis the same, bought new through them and very happy. 
also much faster then you waiting to get the used part, pay for shipping to them, then pay shipping back.

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josh99722 said:

Programming is the defaul set price, if you supply the parts and ship them in.

i just purchased this for my wifes 2015 tahoe, i selected to have them supply the parts. They order them new.

finding used ones would only save me $100 in the end, thats with vehicles that crashes, rolled or more then 50,000 miles on them. For me $100 more for new was a better option.

i retrofitted the cluster with wams, dis the same, bought new through them and very happy. 
also much faster then you waiting to get the used part, pay for shipping to them, then pay shipping back.

just my 2 cents

Did you get the cluster from WAMS also?  I've been looking into getting the cluster as well as the HMI/radio upgrade.

11 hours ago, Scott Killman said:

Did you get the cluster from WAMS also?  I've been looking into getting the cluster as well as the HMI/radio upgrade.

Hey Scott - We supply both of these kits. Please check out https://coastalflash.com for all of our pricing :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scott Killman said:

With WAMS, you’ll get new hardware with full oem warranty and factory/ gm aftermarket warranty compliance.That’s why I went with WAMS.  It’s worth the piece of mind to me with modern day electronics. 

Edited by cbrsilv15
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Josh99722 said:

I called linkswell, it will not communicate with the hmi, will lose some features.

i added turn signal cameras, front camera, rear camera in motion.

also retrofitted rear seat entertainment and linkswell said i would loose it all.

phoenix will retain it all if oem.

thank you! im really looking at WMS for this but what is phoenix? is it a brand or model of linkswell?  nevermind found it sorry for asking before a quick google search :)

Edited by Jrocc24
found out what it is